 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 907 (-20)
  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) A good reminder! Thank you for the olive branch, but I should assure you that no offense was taken. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about one's hobby! (Let me say in advance that I wrote another message in this thread that hasn't (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Sorry everyone, I haven't been practicing what I preach. To Dave and everyone else, "to each his own". Enjoy what you will, that's what we're here for. -Harvey (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Heh. Well, all I can say is that I've been overwhelmingly delighted with MegaBloks sets over the past five years, and overwhelmingly disappointed with LEGO during that same time frame (with the notable and commendable exceptions of some of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Nothing wrong with an anti-clone statement here. After all, this is the LEGO® Users Group Network. I woundn't expect a Republican to campaign at a Democrat convention anyway (to cite a parallel) Clone bricks are the ENEMY here, they undermine (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) -Harvey My collection has a (very) few megabloks :-( They're still white and I know why. *WARNING: ANTI-CLONE STATEMENT* Even the dirt and dust won't touch it :) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) That smell is also poisonous. I wouldn't advise anyone else to do such a thing.... better off just sending them along to Dave! -John (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Sorry Dave, I've already burnt 'em all this afternoon. You should've seen the flames rise from those suckers! It's nothing I'd want to do again, the smell was terrible. -Harvey (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Hey man, you want some i'll give you some, i got about a pound here that i'd be happy to get rid of. Josh (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) It's funny that they were so heavily play-worn, then. And funnier still that he hung onto them, rather than just throwing them away. If you or your cousin finds competitor bricks so objectionable, I will be happy to take them of your hands (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

Its a fact that whenever you buy a box of LEGO from a car boot sale (here in cardiff at least) It'll have a good few Tyco And MegaBlox in it. I do enjoy binning them James "Harvey Henkelman" <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

Actually I have just gotten off the phone with my cousin Jeremy (the previous owner of those bricks), asked why the LEGO® is in such fine shape while the tyco ain't, he replied that "I loved my LEGO®s, but didn't give a rats ass about that tyco (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) I love finding old megablocks (no I will NOT capitalize that [oh BTW, rummage sales are cheep the LEGO's allways end up having megablocks in there]0, and taking them and smashing them and stuff like that. My old TYCO's are looking good, but (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) I can cite the pristine TYCO Superblocks in my collection dating from at least the time of your bricks, while formerly white LEGO bricks from the same period are a gentle shade of urine. I think it's the luck of the draw insofar as your (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  A nice summer surprise

This may be CDS (Compartment Dork Syndrome) but here goes... My family has just returned from up north and they brought back...a huge tub of LEGO®!!! Actually they had gotten it from an aunt who had stored them for 7-8 years. Upon going through the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New MegaBloks offerings

The latest batch of ProBuilder sets have hit my local retail market, including a new 570-piece speedboat and a 700+ piece helicopter. According to the website, more are on the way, along with a few new Blok-Bots, but I haven't seen any others. Of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Anyone else seen this?

(...) This sounds very cool Dave -- if you can bring it along to the next Studfest I may have to take it off your hands. And it's not a rip-off, it's a compatible building system, okay! --DaveL (poor chess player, big chess fan) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  WTB: Legend Lion's Kingdom, and Griffon's Hide Out MISB

Hey Y'all: I seem to recall someone, perhaps an Australian, commenting that these sets were still available on retail shelves. I am interested in one of the Lion's Kingdom sets and HUGELY interested in two of the Griffon's Hide Out set. Anyone out (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: tente - alive and well?

(...) Anyone know how to order these from the US? Russell (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Nifty clone MOC's (not mine)

These may have been posted elsewhere, but I just found them, and I think they're some rather nice clone MOC's: (URL) Pierre Lecuyer is around, stand up and take credit for your work! Dave! (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: tente - alive and well?

(...) Welcome! There's always room for another supporter of clone brands! 8^) Sadly, Tente is not LEGO-compatible, but it's really close in some ways. The 2x4 brick has nearly the same dimensions, but the stud height and width are different, so the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact