 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 898
Re: A nice summer surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:38:37 GMT

Its a fact that whenever you buy a box of LEGO from a car boot sale (here in
cardiff at least) It'll have a good few Tyco And MegaBlox in it.

I do enjoy binning them

James

"Harvey Henkelman" <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message
This may be CDS (Compartment Dork Syndrome) but here goes...

My family has just returned from up north and they brought back...a huge • tub
of LEGO®!!! Actually they had gotten it from an aunt who had stored them • for
7-8 years. Upon going through the collection of pieces, I found quite a • few
that were yellowed and beaten up pretty bad. However, after close
examination it was revealed that all the crappy bricks were...gasp...Tyco
blocks! I was relieved, because it was the LEGO® that had stood the test • of
time (mint condition). I had always wanted to watch clone bricks melt and
burn, but didn't want to spend my precious money on these pieces of crap.
Thanks to my aunt, I'm 4000-5000 pieces richer AND I get to torch the
competition!

Does anyone have similar experiences to share with the LUGNET
community? -Harvey