 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 903
Re: A nice summer surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:55:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
This may be CDS (Compartment Dork Syndrome) but here goes...

My family has just returned from up north and they brought back...a huge tub
of LEGO®!!! Actually they had gotten it from an aunt who had stored them for
7-8 years. Upon going through the collection of pieces, I found quite a few
that were yellowed and beaten up pretty bad. However, after close
examination it was revealed that all the crappy bricks were...gasp...Tyco
blocks! I was relieved, because it was the LEGO® that had stood the test of
time (mint condition). I had always wanted to watch clone bricks melt and
burn, but didn't want to spend my precious money on these pieces of crap.
Thanks to my aunt, I'm 4000-5000 pieces richer AND I get to torch the
competition!

Does anyone have similar experiences to share with the LUGNET community?
-Harvey
My collection has a (very) few megabloks :-( They're still white and I know
why.
*WARNING: ANTI-CLONE STATEMENT*
Even the dirt and dust won't touch it :)