 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 615
  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) personally, I think there's no room for such a DB on lugnet. If you want to start up your own DB offsite, then perhaps Todd would put a link from off-topic.clones to your DB - but I don't think it should be on site. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

Yes, I agree with Dan. I think a link to an off-site database or clone portal would be very useful information. Even the rtl LEGO FAQ page had a section of clones information. (URL) no, I find no reason that the database or any other information (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) link to that. It doesn't need to be hosted on lugnet.com. (...) Me neither. (...) 152 by my count -- and 144 if you ignore the "Are you paying attention..." thread. But even if it were 1000 -- LUGNET is about LEGO(R) user groups and detailed (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) One reason I would like to see a clone database hosted by Lugnet would so that it could have a consistent feel. Todd has gone to a lot of effort to produce a good set database engine, why squander that effort only on LEGO brand sets? If Todd (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) AND... (...) How is it that Frank asks perfectly reasonable and polite questions and still gets no response? I, for one, do not see the matter as wholly settled -- nor have I been satisfied with the nature of Todd's other AND still rather (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) Richard, As much as I, you or anyone else would like or bennefit from such an expansion of LUGNET, we have have to understand a couple of realities as far as LUGNET is concerned. Before I expand on this, allow me to put forth a few (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) this is an interesting thread. if someone decides to start a database site i would be glad to pass over everything on my constructions clones site (or whatever is deemed useful). i think there is enough info for a good start (i've got quite a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) I have feared this might be true (although I suppose it remains an unknown quantity for the moment). If it were to happen -- I would not likely participate. It's one thing to provide content in these threads as a legos user talking with other (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

Richard Schamus wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Gosh, I hope not. Yes, at some point a fraction of each places contents could be made obsolete by TLC's site, but some things to consider: - I doubt TLC will have a better interface than either site. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) Uhhhh, in a word: NOT. --Todd (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) Perhaps, since I've been speculating, I'll speculate a bit more. *If* either of these wonderful internet intsitutions ever come directly under the "banner" of TLC it does not mean that they would control the content. It is my hope and belief (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) And there you have it. Not quite as likely as once thought. (Hmm... I wrote the above weeks ago... I must be getting slower...) Thank you for you word of clarification Todd. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) Really? Cool! What kind of MB parts were used? Does anyone have pictures? Dave! (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)