 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 297
  best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

best-lock just put up their new lineup: (URL) models and they now have afro-american minifigs in the mix!! ..joseph g (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

Did they discontinue some of their sailing ship sets? There used to be four on (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) <<Shocked>> Wow! This is the very first time I see best-lock sets. They are astonishing! Why can't TLG make sets like these? The detail on some ofe their tanks are great. Both playvalue and building possibilities. I want those! Can I buy these (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) Looks like they're just showing the new sets. But man, look at that Blackhawk ship! A three master! It looks like it might have 5 center sections. (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) Before you get the wrong impression, it should be noted that Best-Lock are *not* fully Lego compatible. The standard brick is 5/6 as tall as a standard Lego 2x4, and the top-studs are a little bit taller than Lego standard, so Lego plates will (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) Before getting to excited, not that the quality is no where near as good as that of LEGO. The plastic quality if pretty good, but the sets do not stay together very well, because the bricks don't have tubes like LEGO. Though they are great (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

Those models look fantastic. Normally, I am utterly against any immitation LEGO products, but these look better than what LEGO is producing! I bet the prices are better too. I have two questions: How compatible are they with LEGO bricks? I've seen (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) Check out some of the other posts for impressions of Best Lock sets. (...) The brick, plate, and stud heights are different, but the stud pitch and diameter is the same. (...) I believe it is Polystyrene, which is harder than ABS so it doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) [...] FYI, I bought one of their tank-like models, I think it was a treaded missle launcher. Looked cool, but I hated it, never built it, threw it all away lest it become mixed with my LEGO. Bricks weren't crisp and square, dimples in parts, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Markassius wrote in message ... (...) their (...) Netherlands (...) The designs are excellent, but the quality is very poor. I bought one but I brought the set back it was so bad. Anyway, if you live in the US some of the sets are for sale at (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) I've never come accross Best-Lock before and I'm stunned. The comments posted regarding quality are a real disappointment though, Best-Lock can certainly teach TLC about set designs. Without any QUALITY competition TLC will continue to ignore (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup

(...) The humorous thing is that the biggest problem of a brick called BEST-LOCK is their inferior ability to lock together. Sad, too. If they piece quality was close to Lego I'd divert a substantial portion of my income to Best-Lock. P (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)