 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 301
Re: best-lock 2000-2001 lineup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:52:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mark de Kock writes:

<<Shocked>> Wow! This is the very first time I see best-lock sets. They are
astonishing! Why can't TLG make sets like these? The detail on some ofe their
tanks are great. Both playvalue and building possibilities.
I want those! Can I buy these online, or is there a store in the Netherlands
that sells these sets?
Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it immediately.

  Before you get the wrong impression, it should be noted that Best-Lock are
*not* fully Lego compatible.  The standard brick is 5/6 as tall as a standard
Lego 2x4, and the top-studs are a little bit taller than Lego standard, so
Lego plates will not attach well to Best-Lock bricks.  The undersides of Best-
Lock bricks do not employ the "tubes" like Lego, either, so the grip strength
can be somewhat iffy.  On the plus side, the designs are extremely cool, and
the quality of the plastic is quite good.  I have a bunch of sets and, while I
don't really mix the bricks with Lego, I enjoy them for their own merits.

    Dave!