 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2897 (-20)
  Oxford blocks toxic spill set review

kind of a cool set with yellow industrial/oil barrels and lime-green hazmat suits for minifigs. details are here: (URL) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Oxford Blocks transformer set review

review info is here: (URL) g (16 years ago, 31-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Oxford Blocks Transformers - these are AWESOME!

(...) Very cool news--these certainly look fantastic, especially in light of your newly rekindled fondness for brick-based Mecha! I can't wait to read the full review! Dave! (16 years ago, 30-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Oxford Blocks Transformers - these are AWESOME!

i gotta shout about these: (URL) just got mine and they are EXCELLENT. brick sheen/clutch power (think tyco superblocks quality) is just as good as lego and the designs are probably something we'll never see from denmark. the seller is reliable and (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Lego-compatible metal 2x4 brick key rings now available!

Hey folks, A few years ago I made some aluminum key rings that people really enjoyed. I'm proud to say they're available once again: (2 URLs) If you want a custom engraved one, please don't hold off...I may not have access to engraving equipment for (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jul-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  LEGO-compatible, non-LEGO-like construction toys?

Hi all, I tried to post the message below to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands last night, but had to wait for approval, so I posted a copy to the Bloks Forum: (URL) had some good answers over there so far, and I hope to hear from knowledgeable people (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) no sweat on the name mix-up, dave. thanks for the warm welcome!! ..joseph g (16 years ago, 14-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) Doh! I called you Jorge, which would make you Jorge Gonzalez, the kid who sat next to me in senior year calculus. Sorry about that. Glad to see you at The Bloks Forum! Dave! (16 years ago, 12-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Tyco Superblocks and Kawada Blocks pages

these are some older pages i've just recently re-posted: (URL) particularly liked the attempt at godzilla models (URL) were great in terms of quality, of particular note were the 'transforming' robo-bloxx sets (though they weren't real sturdy). (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) Joseph, as a matter of fact I did - and some. (...) BestLock are sometimes found in discount stores, but they are usually older sets of poor quality - hence my hesitant expectations with regard to quality (in material) of newer sets. I do own (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) jerry have you tried any clones at all? i don't mind a clone once in a while, i mainly buy them for the models (military assortment, and good amount of bricks for the price) and i don't mix them with other brands (just my personal preference). (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) hey dave, long time no see! i just barely discovered the bloks forum site. i'll be visiting in the next couple of days to post some tyco scans. ..joseph g (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

Looks like BestLock are trying to fill a gap here - Playmobil is somewhat successful with their Romans theme, but there hasn't been anything alike in the brick scene. I've become somewhat hesitant w/regard to clone brands over the years - they (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) Hi, Jorge! We've had a little discussion about these over at The Bloks Forum, but I'm not sure that anyone has seen these sets in person as yet. They do indeed look pretty cool--I especially like the body shields and the helmets. If you come (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock update

looks like best-lock is finally getting their page updated (some pages still under construction). this roman boat looks kinda cool: (URL) anybody (lego or clone company) ever done romans? ..joseph g (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cyborean Fighter

(...) Dave, Dave, Dave. There is no sensor technology sensitive enough to detect humor in a Pauly Shore routine. Although, I hear his routines are quite popular amongst Vorgans (of Galactic Hitchhiker fame). I think that the ship fits well with the (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Cyborean Fighter

Here's an apocryphal addition to Mega Bloks' long-defunct but still cool Planetoids line: The Cyborean Fighter (URL) (reverse view) (URL) Constructed entirely of Mega Bloks elements, many with direct LEGO equivalents. The sensor disc just behind the (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: FOTW

(...) Way to go Dave! The day you posted this I found some containers of LEGO parts at a yard sale. There were also a couple of containers of Mega Bloks I was forced to buy because I could see some LEGO hull pieces in a container of MB ships, and I (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jun-08, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  (New) Aluminum 2x4 Brick keychains

Several years ago, in a computer controlled machining class, I designed my first clone brick--in aluminum. The bricks are exactly the same size as the offical thing, and work pretty well with each other or with "the leading brand." Mostly it was a (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: A big ol' garage

(...) This now begs the question, how many ldu's long is a matchbox car, and do they make trailer trucks and fire engines in matchbox scale. The garage looks like a modern firestation garage, after all. (17 years ago, 1-Mar-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact