 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2885
Re: Best-Lock update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:42:27 GMT

Looks like BestLock are trying to fill a gap here - Playmobil is somewhat
successful with their Romans theme, but there hasn't been anything alike in the
brick scene.

I've become somewhat hesitant w/regard to clone brands over the years - they
appeared quite interesting while they were unavailable here in Germany, but
today after seeing the often worrisome differences in product quality the only
attractiveness that remains are that they sometimes do cover themes that LEGO
doesn't. Romans are just one such theme, and probably close enough to castle (or
vikings for that matter) that they may eventually be addressed. Or maybe not,
because a distinctive thing to say about LEGO is that they are no copycats.

Jerry