 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2880
Re: FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 03:34:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Some here may know that I’m not exactly the most aggressive purchaser of LEGO in the marketplace. Nevertheless, I think I can spot a good deal when I see one.

Case in point, I just scored an apparently complete 10019 Tantive IV for $5.00 at a garage sale. The only thing missing, alas, is the instruction book, but I believe that I can make do without.

How about you? Have you had any good garage sale finds yet this season?

Dave!

Way to go Dave!

The day you posted this I found some containers of LEGO parts at a yard sale. There were also a couple of containers of Mega Bloks I was forced to buy because I could see some LEGO hull pieces in a container of MB ships, and I could see a LEGO B Wing Rebel pilot smiling at me out of another box of mostly MB dragon / castle type of parts.

One of the containers the stuff came in was a brown plywood box 24 x 12 x 13 with a separate lid that has Mega Bloks Dragons Krystal Wars printed on it. I’m curious about the source of this box-- there were lots of MB Dragon series type elements (including dragons and figs with fur on their backs :D) They are cool pieces but some of them take up an awful lot of space.

Maggie