 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2683
  New Cobi/Best-Lock

I saw some new military bucket sets at the Concord, NH Toys 'R' Us this weekend & they had the Cobi logo & the Best-Lock logos. I did not buy any so I don't know if the pieces are of the 'old' Best-Lock proportions, or more like Lego. From the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Interesting news! I'll take a look around the stores near Pittsburgh, PA. I know that at least the two local TRU's stock "classic" Best-Lock, so maybe they'll carry this new stuff. Thanks for the heads up! Dave! (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Okay, I picked up a set. It was $29.99 for 1000 pieces in, frankly, a box that's much larger than necessary. Since it's throwaway cardboard, I admit that this makes me a little uneasy. Perhaps future sets will be more parsimonious in their use (...) (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Excellent price to peice ratio. (...) Sweet. (...) Super sweet. Personally I prefer the more generic interchangable parts figs to the super detailed sculpting of Megabloks. (though admittedly it allowed some cool things like Ninja Turtles) (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) I agree! I was afraid that they'd go for the Best-Lock proportions of two-plates:one-brick or, even worse, the 6:5 Best-Lock:LEGO brick-height ratio. I'm glad that they sensibly stuck with Cobi's existing proportions. (...) I'm very fond of (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) (URL) Here's> a picture of a similar design from the pre-merger Cobi Small Army line. You can see the two main "juniorized" elements. (...) A further perusal of the Cobi website reveals at least (URL) one figure-pack> that likewise pre-dates (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Yeah I figured that is what you meant. I have been browsing the Cobi website fairly extensively. That tank is actually pretty nice looking from both a model and parts standpoint. (...) Yeah I would love for them to release those fig packs. (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

There are 4 (that I've seen) Cobi/Best Lock tubs on the market now, each centered around one major vehicle and including 4 minifigs and a total of 450 parts. Each minifig set includes and officer with a cowboy style sheriff's badge on his chest (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) (URL) Here you go>, Mr. Smartypants! The sixth scan is the decal sheet, of which four identical copies came in the set I bought. That canopy element is fantastic! Dave! (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Cool Thanks. I guess the Narnia sets can wait :-) (...) Very nice. If they are going to use stickers, at least they include extras. (...) Looks it I can't wait to get one myself. I stopped by my local TRU today and they had none of the new (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)