 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2689
Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:22:36 GMT

   Happily, it appears that I overstated the juniorization. The only “juniorized” elements are the turret (with moveable gun) and the one-piece top surface of the tank’s hull, which is a single, sculpted plate. The rest of the vehicle is made of bricks, plates, wheels, and treads, though!

Here’s a picture of a similar design from the pre-merger Cobi Small Army line. You can see the two main “juniorized” elements.

Yeah I figured that is what you meant. I have been browsing the Cobi website fairly extensively. That tank is actually pretty nice looking from both a model and parts standpoint.

   Admittedly I am more interested in the awsome figures, but some of Cobi’s space sets are pretty sweet. It would be nice if they made figure packs like Best Lock has done previously. (Assuming they sell them here at all of course)

A further perusal of the Cobi website reveals at least one figure-pack that likewise pre-dates the merger, but it gives me hope about possible future offerings here in North America! You can also see most of the accessories I mentioned.

Yeah I would love for them to release those fig packs.

And now a final observation: the 1000-piece set appears to include a combination of the following kits along with some other elements:
Mustang
Cobra
Comanche
Jaguar (mentioned above)

Well that answers another question I had. Did you get the jungle or desert themed box. I was hoping the brown clad figs meant desert and not jungle. Nice mix of sets and parts. I assume the jungle themed box was similar.

Dave!

-Mike Petrucelli