 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2527 (-20)
  Megabloks acquires Rose Art

(URL) Bloks to Buy Rose Art Industries for $315 Mln (Update3) June 15 (Bloomberg) -- Mega Bloks Inc., the world's second- biggest maker of toy building blocks, agreed to buy Rose Art Industries for $315 million in cash and stock to enter the arts- (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  "New" Alien Agency pack at TRU

It's set (URL) with 720 pieces and retails for $29.979. Actually, it's a bundling of the previously released (URL) 18> and (URL) Lab> sets, but the price is a bargain relative to those earlier sets. Hangar 18, I believe, had an MSRP of $29.97, and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) Whoops! A few additional realizations! ArtAsylum figs have 14 points of articulation: wrist X 2 elbow X 2 shoulder X 2 ankle X 2 knee X 2 hip X 2 waist X 1 neck X 1 and these sculpted MB figs have 12: wrist X 2 elbow X 2 shoulder X 2 knee X 2 (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) Okay, I'm back. They had one copy of set 3632, Mutiny Isle, for $8.99. This leads me to believe that other sets have already been snapped up, and when I visited this same store on Wednesday of last week, they didn't even have any Pyrates sets (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) This is good news. I'll check my local TRU at lunch, but alas I'm not greatly optimistic; they only got the Marvel sets about three weeks ago. Still, there are other retail venues near me, so I'll look around. Thanks for the info. Dave! (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks secures 'Narnia' license.

(...) Everybody's a comedian... 8^) (...) That's a good question. The current Poke-ball sets seem like a better swipe at the Poke-fad, but they're like five years after the fact, aren't they? Those mosaic sets totally missed the mark, IMO. As far as (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks secures 'Narnia' license.

(...) Well, since Disney is behind the film and the link leads to "the official Disney Comsumers Products licensee list", I'll step out on a limb and say the license is for the film. ;) My question is, what form will the set/s take? When Pokemon was (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) Hey Dave!, Here in Charlotte, NC I saw 2 of the 3 small Pyrate sets at TRU today. These are the ones that come packaged in the pirate skulls. The eyepatch is a soft vinyl that lifts up to reveal one of the included minifigs. Didn't buy any so (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks secures 'Narnia' license.

(...) Jeez Louise, that's unexpected. Or maybe not, since the film is coming out. Any idea if the license includes the films (as in the case of the Marvel license) or applies only to the books? Wild stuff. Thanks for the news! Dave! (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MegaBloks secures 'Narnia' license.

It appears that MegaBloks has the license to produce sets based upon the movie version of the C.S. Lewis book, 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe' coming in December. (URL) No details yet. Thanks to Jake_Snicket from FBTB for the link. Ken (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Command Ops sets at www.megabloks.com

(URL) and (URL) Not sure when these hit the site, or when they'll hit the shelves, but there you have it. Dave! (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Cool display at TRU

(...) Okay, the windows are still pretty cool, but (URL) the instructions> reveal this set to include some of the hands-down worst juniorization I've ever seen. Instead of being clever snap-on pieces, the "snow' is hard-molded onto the bricks, which (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) Ahhhh, I love a mystery! Can't be Jack Stonebeard, or this wouldn't be in "clone-brands". Most likely clone brand Bang-Boy would refer to is Mega Bloks. I actually know how to spell that correctly and can find their site...yes, Mega Bloks (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

I've done a brief but fairly thorough scan of the northern Pittsburgh, PA area to no avail. It was my impression that the smaller sets were to debut some time in May, and I just don't feel like waiting, darn it. Dave! (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Again, looking for assistance in buying Oxford

I am searching and searching and finding a lot dead links. I am calling on the cloning community for some assistance. If anyone knows of some live links where a person might purchase not only Oxford, but some of the new Oxford sets, i.e. the naval (...) (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Unknown to me, anyone else know?

Can anyone help me identify these: (URL) auction site) Looks (and is described as) quite old, and softer than the real thing. Thanks for any help; I might buy it and it would be really nice to know what it is beforehand. Olof (19 years ago, 10-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO® Group wins lawsuit in Finland

(...) **snip** This is great news! A bootleg clone brand on the market cheapens the very notion of legitimate and compatible building bricks. I'm pleased that LEGO has won against Biltema and, by extension, Coko in yet another ruling. The issue, as (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pyrates teaser @ Megabloks.com

(...) I notice that these are now available for (URL) preorder.> Cool! Dave! (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Instructions ?

Does anyone have instructions for the Carriers ? The Nimitz or the Kitty Hawk ? I'd love to try to build these, but I can't find them in any of the stores around here : ( -JSM (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MEGABLOKS site update with Pyrates info

(...) Oh really, Mike! Such cynicism ill-becomes you! 8^) I almost typed cyanicism, which I guess is appropriate if you're feeling blue about all this. To be sure, these new sets have some heavily juniorized, or at least heavily specialized (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact