 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2302 (-20)
  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Hi Darrell, I suppose you already know that the cost of a metallic mould can vary depending on the complexity of the shape of the objects, but at the very least it'll still put you back by a few thousands US$, right? Well, anyway, I won't tell (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Hi Bruce, Although I am sure Darrell would be in a better position to answer this than me, I'll try anyway. From what I can gathered, I think the rapid prototyping which Darrell was talking about, is NOT the same method which Jeff uses to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) I'm curious about the rapid prototyping. Little Armory (URL) made items in the past by hand making a master. But a new round of items is coming that I had suspected where being designed via some form of CAD and then mastered via something that (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Big Ben Bricks LLC seems to have done well enough with their first wheel product to introduce additional ones. (uninformed speculation as to how they are doing financially, not my business) Little Armory seems to be doing VERY well with their (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Do you remember what the machine looked like? Check out my Brickshelf folder for pictures of two I've used. (URL) The 3DSystems one makes resin parts, which might have been the ones you didn't like. OTOH it holds detail really well, so maybe (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Nano System Metrics

I just recently picked up one of the new Nano System sets (Rescue Cutter) and I have to say these miniature blocks are rather cool. I especially like the plates, they're just so "dainty". The 1x2 and 2x2 bricks with studs on the side for SNOT work (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

Hi Darrel, Thanks for the comments. About the links, first of all, I have recently discovered (or been told of) a few more non-English websites that I am going to add onto my existing link page hopefully sometimes this weekend. There is, for (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Profanity again

(...) Hmm... I see you have a point there. So I guess what I really mean is as long as the accessories don't look out of place in the hands of a Lego minifig (relatively speaking), I'd consider them a clone brand which I defined by companies that (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Profanity again

(...) After you said that I went back to look at all my Oxford figs, and I noticed that the military Oxford figs I have also have different legs design (they're more like Lego's with holes in the back, but are square instead of round). So apparently (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

Hi, Neat website! And your links are fantastic, especially the ones to the Japanese LEGO sites. I desperately want to go there to score some cool LEGO stuff. Anyway, my question is, have you ever considered using Rapid Prototyping technology to make (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Help needed: my custom beards

Hi guys, I'm close to producing my next batch of custom accessories and I need your opinions. Namely: what colour should I produce my beards in? To save me time from gathering opinions from different forums, I'm conducting a poll at the following (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Profanity again

(...) Hey, I hadn't thought of that. That also rules out Oxford and Coko, but it may rule-in Stikfas, which are entirely non-compatible, other than their accessories. I stand by my 2x4 brick distintion! Dave! (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Profanity again

(...) Uh, wouldn't that sorta rule out the real LEGO system? Shortswords haven't been made in ABS for years, and I don't believe the minesweeper or cutlass/sabre ever were. The huge axe and katana never were, and the whip/vine would probably arrive (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Profanity again

(...) That's really interesting. The four Oxford minifigs that I have (from the tank set 13000) have a leg design that's considerably different from what you've shown. I'll try to scan them to show you what I mean. (...) Here are two others: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Profanity again

Hello, (...) Regarding Dave's comment on the distinction of minifig designs between brands; I have taken the liberty to do a rough comparison of the actual differences between an Oxford minifig and a Lego one. I am posting it (URL) here> as it (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Profanity again

(...) Well, it's only my opinion, but I'd suggest that a "true" clone brand is based on the studs-and-tubes system and is able to maintain reasonable clutch power with LEGO bricks and plates. I used to consider the 3:1 plate:brick height ratio to be (...) (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Profanity again

(...) That and without a way to edit posts, typos can make it look like you swore. I found a few accidental typos while searching for swears the other day. Things like someone who misspelled "cut" by inserting an extra letter. Also you've got to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  The Shrinking Canadian Dollar

(URL) OK, I knew the Canadian dollar bought less than an American dollar, but c'mon... the truck on the right is from Canada, the truck on the left isn't. [1] Kelly [1] This is a parody and is not intended to be taken seriously by Canadians, clone (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A taste of the east, or, the Korean Lugnet

(...) If it's mostly discussion of Oxford, maybe it belongs in off-topic.clone-brands? I seem to recall they have been discussed there before. I suspect the previous poster wasn't very serious when he suggested that maybe Oxford is a secret branch (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Sears Wishbook is out, coolest looking set MegaBloks

(...) As it turns out, I've come upon this kit at a local TRU. The steam engine is indeed $49.99 and looks to be 14 wide, unless I miscounted. I know nothing of trains, but if a train-head happens to see the set, I'd be interested to hear a more (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact