 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2297
2296  |  2298
Subject:
Nano System Metrics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:20:39 GMT

I just recently picked up one of the new Nano System sets (Rescue Cutter) and I have to say these miniature blocks are rather cool. I especially like the plates, they’re just so “dainty”. The 1x2 and 2x2 bricks with studs on the side for SNOT work are a nice touch, too. I’m hoping Mega Bloks comes out with some higher piece count sets like versions of the naval vessels they have in the normal-sized bricks.

Also, there is hope for compatibility with normal bricks. It turns out that the stud spacing on Nano bricks is exactly 2/3 that of normal bricks:

Note: For the following, plate and brick denote height and stud denotes width.

Combined with the “2 Nano plates equals 1 Nano stud equals 1 Nano brick” rule and the 5:5:6 relationship of normal bricks we get:
  • 3 Nano plates equals 1 normal stud
  • 3 Nano bricks equals 2 normal studs
  • 6 Nano plates equals 5 normal plates
  • 3 Nano bricks equals 5 normal plates
So, it’s conceivable that Mega Bloks could make adapter bricks that make connecting one system to the other possible. That would be interesting!

Cheers,

Mark