 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2304
Re: Nano System Metrics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:16:47 GMT

   Also, there is hope for compatibility with normal bricks. It turns out that the stud spacing on Nano bricks is exactly 2/3 that of normal bricks:

Note: For the following, plate and brick denote height and stud denotes width.

Combined with the “2 Nano plates equals 1 Nano stud equals 1 Nano brick” rule and the 5:5:6 relationship of normal bricks we get:
  • 3 Nano plates equals 1 normal stud
  • 3 Nano bricks equals 2 normal studs
  • 6 Nano plates equals 5 normal plates
  • 3 Nano bricks equals 5 normal plates
So, it’s conceivable that Mega Bloks could make adapter bricks that make connecting one system to the other possible. That would be interesting!

At the very least using tiles one could brace an nano-scale construct in a standard-scale construct. That would allow for some really interesting detailed interal componets. I am far more interested in this line now that I know this. Thanks for the heads up. Now lets hope Mega Bloks produces a good navy ship or even better, a bucket (with lots of grey gosh darnit) in nano-scale.

-Mike Petrucelli