 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2295
Re: Profanity again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:38:03 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, David Laswell wrote:

Uh, wouldn’t that sorta rule out the real LEGO system? Shortswords haven’t been made in ABS for years, and I don’t believe the minesweeper or cutlass/sabre ever were. The huge axe and katana never were, and the whip/vine would probably arrive damaged in many sets if it was. Or do you allow for some accessories to be made from non-ABS plastic as long as the majority of them are?

Hmm... I see you have a point there. So I guess what I really mean is as long as the accessories don’t look out of place in the hands of a Lego minifig (relatively speaking), I’d consider them a clone brand which I defined by companies that are dedicated to making products that are compatible with the Lego universe.

I think Dave’s 2x4 brick classification is a good one, too. But I’ve always been more interested in minifigs & accessories from different brands than the actual bricks themselves, so my way of classification is more geared towards that, I guess. But good topic nonetheless :)

Red Bean