 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1992 (-20)
  What color?

In the Blok-Bots Jackal&Scorpion set, what color are the sockets for the ball joints? I'm referring to the small socket element that snaps into the 2 x 1.33 x 4 brick with ball-joint on the end. This same element in the Gyrofighters sets is (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Element commercial

There's a Honda commercial for an SUV type thing called the "Element." The commercial begins with a pointed Megabloks endorsement, mainly noting that the bricks used to construct an apparently full-sized replica of the Honda vehicle are MB. I do not (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MB Space Shuttle

(...) they have their own speech depending on the module they're near. the lab one says something like "Roger Houston, space lab is pressurizing now." then there's "satellite is being deployed now" "Canada arm to full extension" & "payload (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MB Space Shuttle

Since my fingers were sore from a whole lot of Lego-ing, I let a co-worker assemble my Megablocks Space Shuttle set - I did most of the piece-finding for him. His girlfriend helped on the payloads and wings, and is now interested enough in building (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Blain's Farm & Fleet 26% off Lego

More of the Deere bricks are here: (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clever little online game

(...) The game can be downloaded for later use if you know what you're looking for in your browser's cache directory -- basically a .swf flash file. Kinda silly actually... -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Clever little online game

The official (URL) MEGABLOKS> website offers this online (URL) game> reminiscent of Army Men. I've only played it briefly, but it's a fun little diversion in which you must locate various pieces of equipment, such as those found in the various (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: new Mega Bloks

(...) yup i've seen those too. (...) that's the SAME gripe I had! Jeff (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Promoblock

(...) Definitely the same blocks - they reuse the Convio example. I was not even close to wanting to build with these. I wonder if any sign-printer knows how to get these done? Thanks (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: new Mega Bloks

(...) Cool--I'll have to watch for that. I happened upon an unexpected toy aisle in Sears in which several small MEGABLOKS sets were available in the $5.00 to $10.00 range. These are re-issues of older sets, this time under the label ModelMax Pro. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  new Mega Bloks

@ W*M in Claremont, NH, I saw a red indy car- slightly larger than minifig scale. It comes with a torso & head/helmet piece for the driver, & comes with a red race helmet keychain. it was in the same spot as the green & yellow dirt bikes & is about (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Promoblock

(...) Thanks for the link! Am I seeing these correctly? They appear to be Duplo-sized, which I guess would allow larger printing but is kind of a bummer for building in minifig scale. Any guesses on the brick-source? Judging from the stud height, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Promoblock

Found this clone while googling for real-life bricks. (I've graduated from Toys R Us to Home Depot.) These guys write your message in parts (up to 11 bricks) and package it as a promo item. (URL) is one of a staggering array of things they will (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New "stone" brick sizes in Dragons sets.

Found the Fire Mountain set at Target today. On sale for 14.99. They also had Sea Dragon for the same price. George (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Making Progress

One thing that's been plaguing me re: clone renderings is the lack of LDraw-rendered MEGABLOKS faces. For a while I'd resigned myself to using blank yellow heads on the MB figures, and more recently I'd begun including inlined POV-Ray code that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Does anybody know about this set?

(...) Could it be a fake of some kind? The word mobil is written exactly like mobil in Playmobil in their early logo. WARNING! Playmobil-link: (URL) company behind Playmobil actually did produce plastic toys before they made their first figure sets (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Does anybody know about this set?

(...) I'd say it's a clone, either Tyco or Choko, can't quite make out the logo from here: (URL) not an official LEGO model AFAIK and the instructions don't make sence if it's a promotion item? XFUT: lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New "stone" brick sizes in Dragons sets.

(...) Vorgan tins now available at Target (Orlando, FL at least). I picked up 4 yesterday. I was also able to find the Daigar (sp?) Castle at a local Walmart for about $77 this weekend. Wish I had room at the house to set all of these up at the same (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys

(...) Thanks for clearing that up, Dave! If that amount was in Mexican Pesos I might actually have to go get a copy of it. It certainly has a lot of pieces and it looks good on the box too. I do really like building things out of lots of relatively (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys

(...) Of course it's a typo. The actual price is $934.99. Sorry for any confusion. Dave! (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact