 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1974
Re: Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:50:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
The ProBuilder Mustang, which
originally retailed for

$394.99

(and was a great set at that price)

You're insane, Dave! I can't even think of a LEGO set that (while it's still in
current production) is worth almost 400 USD. Not even the ISD. But you think a
MB set is? That's crazy!

(Ok, OK, I know, that was a typo)

Of course it's a typo.  The actual price is $934.99.  Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dave!

If that amount was in Mexican Pesos I might actually have to go get a copy of
it. It certainly has a lot of pieces and it looks good on the box too.

I do really like building things out of lots of relatively basic bricks the way
the entire ProBuilder series do things (and the LEGO sculpture line does
things). So I hope that series does well for MB. (and the sculpture line well
for LEGO)

The only ProBuilder models that don't look good to me are the Harleys. The
wheels don't work for me, I guess. There's two now I think, they have a V-Rod
(sp?) model too. (which has large special purpose pieces for the exhausts but
the wheels are done with bricks, what's up with that!)