 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1963
1962  |  1964
Subject:
Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:40:01 GMT

These don't appear to be mirrored on the KBToys website, or at least not at the
same level of clearance.  My local store has most of the Alien Agency line on at
least 50% discount, as well as a few Blok-Bots.  The ProBuilder Mustang, which
originally retailed for $394.99 (and was a great set at that price) is available
for $19.99, and the Sea Wolf sub is $34.99, down from MSRP of $79.99.  They also
have a smattering of basic MEGABLOKS sets, such as bulk buckets and the
Duplo-esque Maxi-MEGABLOKS.  Also, the extremely cool Warriors:Future Force
mechs are there at 50% off, including the excellent Optic and Eclipse sets.

Possibly of special note to Hop-Frog: they have the old two-canopy
(trans-pale-antifreeze) style Blue Thunder model and the Wave Racer of the same
series.  These are not the ModelMax kits recently available at KMart.

In addition, they had a few Best-Lock sets (which no longer interest me at all)
and Intelli-Blox Lord of the Rings sets.  Specifically, the big Mines of Moria
set is $19.99, down from MSRP of $79.99.  This set is considerably juniorized
but has some cool elements, such as Balin's tomb, the secret door, a few low
1x2x8 arches, a bunch of BURP-style rocks, and two blighted-looking trees.

     Dave!