 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1962
Re: My apologies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:28:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tom Reed wrote:
In lugnet.pirates, Dave Schuler wrote:
They're clones, but they're cool, and I'd hate for all my LUGNET friends to miss
out on a rare chance to acquire these sets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3144489246&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3144491490&category=19011

Sorry Dave, but I have to put my two cents in on this!
I bought one of the Coko pirate ships a couple of years ago.  It is NOT high
quality or even mediocre quality in my opinion.

Hmm.  I'm beginning to think that Coko has suffered wide swings in quality
during its various incarnations.  I have a complete pastel castle (pastle?
castel?) set and a basic "universal" building set, and both are of quite high
quality, at least as good as Tyco Superblocks, and possibly from the same time
period.  I also have a few Blok-Tek military kits that used the same molds as
Coko and are likewise as good as Tyco.
  However, I have parts from a gray Coko castle that aren't quite as good, and
recently people have acquired Coko from overseas that isn't great, either.  I'm
not sure where Shifty fits into all of this, either, but from the sounds of it,
we could replace the "f" with a "t," and no one would complain.

   Thanks for the input, though.  It's always good to hear a range of opinions,
even (especially) if they differ!

     Dave!