 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1959
Re: My apologies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 04:33:23 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Dave Schuler wrote:
They're clones, but they're cool, and I'd hate for all my LUGNET friends to miss
out on a rare chance to acquire these sets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3144489246&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3144491490&category=19011

They're out of my price range, and I don't know the seller, so I have no vested
interest in these items.  Coko is generally a high-quality clone brand, and I
don't believe that these particular sets were involved in the recent LEGO patent
lawsuit in China.

FUT OT.Clones, and I won't mention them again.

Good luck to any bidders!

     Dave!
Sorry Dave, but I have to put my two cents in on this!
I bought one of the Coko pirate ships a couple of years ago.  It is NOT high
quality or even mediocre quality in my opinion.  For those who have never used
Coko, I found it to be awful!  I had parts that wouldn't stick to each other and
I had parts that fit so tight that they would literally "pop" off after a short
period of time.  The printing on one sail was not centered on the sail.  The
masts were crooked and in general it was a big dissapointment!  The only thing I
found to salvage from the set was the chrome cutlasses.  Those are pretty neat!
But I wouldn't recommend anyone to pay more than the cutlasses are worth for a
set!
It's a real shame in some ways because I liked the brown mast pieces for the
brown color and I liked the look of black cannon.  I even liked the sails being
white with a black skull and crossbones on it.  But the pieces are so cheaply
made, I found that none of the parts were usable!  Don't waste your money unless
you just want to own it for posterity!
regards,
Tom