 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1792 (-20)
  Re: New cyborg Blok-bots at K B Toys.

(...) I think that's the case. IIRC (it's been a couple of weeks) the plate itself is stone-dark-gray, and the painted water/stream/creek of the original Dragons baseplates is replaced by a red-orange lava flow. But I think that they otherwise (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New cyborg Blok-bots at K B Toys.

(...) Not at either of my 2 local Kohl's. I am looking for that set for myself. I am hoping its land peices are still generic like the first round of sets, but with a "volcano" color scheme. (...) Well obviously. :-) Of course you usually find the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New cyborg Blok-bots at K B Toys.

(...) Track that kid down and tell him to get to Kohl's! Strangely, they've had the Fire Mountain set for about two months (though at 120% of MSRP!) I've had a few similar experiences overhearing kids opting for Dragons sets (or MB sets in general) (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New cyborg Blok-bots at K B Toys.

Well I didn't get any but the 4 new Mega Bloks cyborg Blok-bots are at K B toys. 14.99 USD each. They look kinda "juniorized" but it is hard to tell considering all larger pictures were art rather than photos. Doesn't look like any figs either as (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TENTE in the USA

I only clicked on a couple of their ships, but the piece count seems a bit low and suggests that most pieces are quite large. I clicked on one of the military ships and noted the one-piece helicopter and was immediately turned off, and all the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Hasbro puts Built To Rule sets up on their site

(...) In case anyone's interested, I was in TRU today and I noticed that there are a few of the Built To Rule sets on store shelves there. I took a look at them and almost bought one, but decided that I'd rather save my pennies for the real thing at (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Hasbro puts Built To Rule sets up on their site

(...) I'm afraid that a coworker swooped in for the snag already--sorry about that. One neat thing about the figure is that it has a two-stud attachment point on the back of each hand/wrist, and two stud-sized holes on the bottom of each foot. The (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Hasbro puts Built To Rule sets up on their site

(...) [snipped] (...) Dave, would you be willing to part with the figure that came with this set? (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Hasbro puts Built To Rule sets up on their site

(...) I snagged the Cobra Moccasin this morning at TRU. (URL) impressions? Surprisingly cool. I expected a half-hearted swipe at the construction toy market, but Hasbro has produced an item (and, presumably, a product line) with good quality and an (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Mega Bloks wins over LEGO in Canada legal battle

(...) swirling through the ether, and I don't think that they've won any patent infringement cases thus far. I believe that TLG was successful in requiring MB to stop making the "compatible with LEGO" on their products, but I can't find a citation (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Mega Bloks wins over LEGO in Canada legal battle

I caught this in a blog today, didn't know if it was relevant to anything... ------ Mega Bloks has prevailed over Lego in the Federal Court of Appeal in Canada in a matter regarding the look and feel of the studs and its interlocking toy blocks. The (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  TENTE in the USA

I received the following email a couple of days ago: --- Dear Mr. Russell Clark, According to our records, in the past you have expressed interest in the line of Construction Sets TENTE. It mainly consists on large ships models at scale, quite (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Stikfas?

(...) I posted a comparison between Lego, BestLock, Oxford and Stikfas weapons. IMHO, the Stikfas ones are even better scaled to Lego originals than the Oxford ones (their real problem is maybe that they are somehow "flatter" than Lego & clones (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Mega Bloks sets

(...) Yeah bummer that is. I was hoping the next round of Dragon sets would be less juniorized. (...) Yeah even the Dragons sets for what you get are pretty good. I really like 3 new dragons themselves. Very cool. Thanks for the heads up. (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Mega Bloks sets

(...) Yeah, the trans-black canopies look nice. I also like all the new Dragons sets even if they aren't quite "look and feel" compatible with regular brick stuff. Looks like the two-headed dragon will no longer be such a rarity. -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  New Mega Bloks sets

Apparently not yet available, but here are some new offerings: (URL) especially like the look of the "Code Blue" set. And here's one with no picture as yet: (URL) of the sets are admittedly quite juniorized, but most have a great price:piece ratio, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Best-Lock Sets

(...) Man oh man I wish that Best-Lock were more directly compatible with LEGO. Some of their designs are so darned clever that it's a crying shame that the parts don't quite fit with the canonical brand. Thanks for the info and the pointer. Dave! (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Best-Lock Sets

Has anyone seen any of the new Best-Lock sets? I picked one up at Target last week. They have new better palm trees, sand bag blocks and new minifigs that look a lot like the new Mega Blok figs. You can look at Get-the-Toys.com to see some of the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Stikfas?

(...) They look like the would, but they don't. I've picked up a few (I also customize action figures, and I always saw them more as Customizable Action Figures than as a LEGO Clone), and in my experience about the only parts of the equipment that a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Stikfas?

(...) I own the Alpha Male figure and have done some comparisons for my own amusement. Stikfas weapons fit in the hands of classic MegaBloks figures just as snugly as true MegaBloks elements do, but not as well in the hands of Alien Agency or (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact