 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1791
Re: New cyborg Blok-bots at K B Toys.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:24:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
Well I didn't get any but the 4 new Mega Bloks cyborg Blok-bots are at KB
toys. 14.99 USD each. They look kinda "juniorized"

Then [a young shopper] asked me what he really wanted was the new
Dragon Volcano set and if I had seen that anywhere. Unfortunately I haven't
but I just find it amusing that the Dragon sets were more popular with him
(or at least that one in particular) than the much vaunted (by 8 year olds)
Bionicle.

  Track that kid down and tell him to get to Kohl's!  Strangely, they've had the
Fire Mountain set for about two months (though at 120% of MSRP!)

Not at either of my 2 local Kohl's. I am looking for that set for myself. I am
hoping its land peices are still generic like the first round of sets, but with
a "volcano" color scheme.

  I've had a few similar experiences overhearing kids opting for Dragons sets
(or MB sets in general) in preference to what they perceive as undesirable LEGO
sets.  Maybe it's the designs, or maybe it's the piececount.  Who knows?

  Thanks for the info about the Cyborg sets.  I'm not dying to get my hands on
these--I'm not a big fan of the action figure motif anymore, and these do indeed
seem too juniorized for my tastes.

  If you (or anyone else) should happen to spot the new ProBuilder sets
anywhere, please let us know!

Well obviously. :-) Of course you usually find the stuff before I do so...

-Mike Petrucelli