 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 142 (-20)
  "Clone" definition? And a question...

What, exactly, makes a brick a "clone?" Lots of AFOL's seem to include Tente in the list of clone brands, and that's fine, but I sort of inferred that clones were those brands that made some attempt to duplicate at least the dimensions of Lego, if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I don't know how the company is doing any longer, but in my opinion, it is the best Lego clone. I got a Tente Greyhound Bus in 1979; it had some really fantastice pieces, pieces that I with that Lego would make, such as rounded sloping tiles. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Tente?

What is the status of Tente anyways? What I mean is, is that company doing well, or are they just barely surviving? The reason is, when I was younger (like 10 years ago!) I saw that stuff around, but now I never see it anymore. Back then, they had (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente on ebay

(...) yeah..i guess a url would have been helpful (sorry about that, chief!) (URL) g (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente on ebay

(...) star (...) got pictures of it? anyone? Dan. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Tente on ebay

Hey Tente fans, there are some sets over on ebay (including an interesting star wars knock-off set I've never seen before). ..joseph g (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks battleship

(...) I don't have pictures, but at Target yesterday I finally saw the elusive Best-Lock (it's not Mega-Bloks) Battleship. I've gotta admit that it's interesting, at least in how they tried to handle the curvature of a ship with bricks instead of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Blockmen Military Building System

I have weakened too! A 50% off sale at a NZ discount chain did it. All sets come with 2 fully poseable figures with names like Major Movit, Lt. Torch, Sgt. Slam, Corporal Crusher and baddies with names like Reek Havoc, Chop Stuey (Ninja), Lunk, 365x (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LDraw Parts

I have made a small collection of "semi-bricks", ie half-brick high clone bricks: (URL) am also seriously planning to work on the Byggis door and windows. Byggis is a Swedish clone brand that make 100% Lego-compatible bricks with a quality very (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  LDraw Parts

Hello Where can I find non-Lego LDraw parts? (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock Pirate Ship

You don't want to post it? Because... it's so bad you're scared you'll scorch someone's eyes reading it? ... it's so good no one will believe you? :-) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock Pirate Ship

I have recently come into possesion of the Best-Lock "White Skull" pirate ship 6204. If you would like my opinion of it please email me. ejones@bloomington.in.us (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Mega-Bloks battleship

Hi all, Someone mentioned buying a Mega-Bloks battleship at TRU a short time ago. Does anybody have a picture of this? I'm in Australia and the Mega-Bloks website doesn't seem to have this kind of set. Actually, they still don't seem to have the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Forgive me ...

(...) This is pretty limited experience to make a judgment, I think. Why not go out and spend 3 or 4 dollars on a nice MegaBlock set? I suggest the "Space Fighter" tube set, or maybe "Desert Duel" (Creature Seekers). There is also "Cyborian Rover" (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Forgive me ...

The worst part about them, is that TWO 'identical' pieces (in my case 1x2 bricks ... are DIFFERENT COLORS!!! Talk about a lack of quality control ... The JG cars are pretty neat though ... the smaller 2 ones (one is 1/59th scale, and the other is (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Forgive me ...

I bought a mixed lot of blocks at a yard sale today. About 70 or so were MegaBloks. My first encounter with them. Hope I never see any again. They just don't look as good as 'The Real Thing' :) Ray (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Forgive me ...

For I have purchased a clone ... I was in the dark about how crappy clones were, since I've NEVER bought one before ... So, I saw they have Nascar MegaBloks ... I thought they were pretty cool ... they in fact are, but the bricks are of very low (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Shifty Blocks

I was able to find just one of the Shifty block sets, in a Dollar store in the small town of Drumheller, AB. I looked in several other such stores in Calgary, but came up empty. The set is an incredibly brazen rip-off of the Royal King LEGO set. The (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MegaBloks sightings in Canada

(...) I saw the monster truck. That purple is LOUD. (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New MegaBloks sightings in Canada

I just got back from my honeymoon trip to BC and Alberta. We made some good finds. Zellers had marked down some of the "Creature Seekers" sets, so we got what amounted to a 50% discount over the US prices on "Supersonic Mission" and "Scuba Quest". (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact