 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 125
124  |  126
Subject:
Shifty Blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:14:30 GMT

I was able to find just one of the Shifty block sets, in a Dollar store in the
small town of Drumheller, AB.  I looked in several other such stores in
Calgary, but came up empty.  The set is an incredibly brazen rip-off of the
Royal King LEGO set.  The design and demensions are quite exact, including the
gold crwon, the sliver sword, the shield design (a sticker), and the lance
w/flag.  The plastic was of lower quality, not even as good as MegaBloks, but
the tolerances on the few pieces still made them usable.  The minifig
accessories all seemed usable, even if the crown was not so nicely painted.
The bright red horse was goofy, of course, put also usable. (Perhaps with the
Fright Knights, as some sort of demon-horse..?)  In all, the set made an
interesting curiosity, and I have 1 or 2 extra to trade, if anyone is
interested.

--james parkin