 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 136
Re: Mega-Bloks battleship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 06:03:38 GMT

Paul Baulch wrote:

Hi all,

Someone mentioned buying a Mega-Bloks battleship at TRU a short time ago.
Does anybody have a picture of this? I'm in Australia and the Mega-Bloks
website doesn't seem to have this kind of set. Actually, they still don't
seem to have the Nascar sets either... does anybody have any pictures of
these things?

I don't have pictures, but at Target yesterday I finally saw the elusive
Best-Lock (it's not Mega-Bloks) Battleship.  I've gotta admit that it's
interesting, at least in how they tried to handle the curvature of a ship
with bricks instead of BURP-like solutions, but it was still pretty
disappointing--I admit that I have to use compression with my ships, but this
was a little ridiculous (imagine a minifig compared to a 32" battleship; that
works out to making the battleship about 80' long).  I think the HG turrets
of most capital ships would require more bricks than that entire ship
(including barbettes, natch).  The grey is tempting, though.

There are a few other sets as well, including a Naval Port (Base?) and one
other I didn't see.  The NASCAR sets are indeed Mega-Bloks and they're very
BURPy.  I don't think you're missing much.

LFB.