 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1138
  Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) Hey, at Target's 75% clearance today I managed to find a Prancing Pony Inn for $7.44 (also a Buckleberry Ferry for $3.74), so you guys may want to take a look if you get a chance (although I saw even fewer LOTR sets than I did LEGO-- these (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) You assume too much. Know thine enemy. LOL. (Just kidding. I've actually had one of these in my cart but haven't so far made it to the checkout with it) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) I broke down and bought a few of those when they were 50% off, and I'm glad I did, because the stock has since been depleted. Nothing left but a pair of Buckleberry Ferry sets, which I'll try to grab tomorrow. I wish I could find another (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) I like the bricks, but the large plates are lame-- poor binding quality. (e.g. the plates that form the base of the two part of the Ferry bind very poorly to the bricks that form the base). Interesting colors, too. I like the flecked (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) My 8-year-old begged to build the Ferry set and found the same thing-- the bricks don't hold onto the bottom of the 8x16 plates well at all! BTW that reminds me, a while back when everyone was wondering about the anchor clones, I noticed that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) Clone snob! :-) My 6-year-old was watching his 8-year-old brother build the Buckleberry Ferry dock with the bricks that kept falling off. After a while he turned to me and said, "Mom, it says ages 7 and up on the box, and I'm glad!" Maggie (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)