 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 107
Re: "Shifty" rip off brand -- more info from original poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 03:11:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Chris Lyman writes:

Sorry I didn't provide more information right off, but this was my first post
to the LEGO-related newsgroups so I wasn't aware exactly what was expected. I
just ran across this stuff in the store and thought it might be something
worth letting other people know about. No hoaxing here.

The store I found them in is in Langley, BC. Here are directions:

--snip--

They appeared to be LEGO compatible because they *were* LEGO blocks, just
poorly made and without the LEGO stamp. I wouldn't be suprised if, for
example, the plates snapped after being used several times.
It seemed to be the same quality plastic as little trinkets you buy from
gumball machines.

Well, this all seems credible enough.  I give my official imprimatur of truth.
I guess I'll keep my eyes open on my way through BC, and see what turns up.  It
would interesting to to have a set or two, even if the quality is not good, if
only as a conversation piece.

--james parkin