 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 102
Re: VERY-shifty scans (Re: "Shifty" rip off brand)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:36:14 GMT

Man, talk about rip off! But if they are made in China, it is understandable.
China has grossly violated numerous international copy-right laws, and this is
no exception. Stupid Chi-Com clone bricks!

Scott Sanburn

Joseph Gonzalez wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Chris Lyman writes:
I was glancing thru a dollar-shop in lower-mainland British Columbia, Canada,
a couple days ago when I saw some small LEGO sets for sale • --snipped--
They are actually "SHIFTY" brand, not LEGO, although the box design, layout,
graphics, colors, etc. look almost exactly like LEGO, even the SHIFTY logo was
similar to the LEGO logo. The only difference was the name and also a bunch of
Chinese characters in small print on the side of the box. Aha.. "Made in
China"

i just got some scans of these from a very reliable source..SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!!
look at these scans!
http://members.xoom.com/legohead/shifty.html
http://members.xoom.com/legohead/shifty2.html

maybe the next "official" theme we'll see out of denmark will be chinese
pirates (nyuk, nyuk)

..joseph g