 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 104
Re: VERY-shifty scans (Re: "Shifty" rip off brand)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:25:50 GMT

Even with these scans I remain skeptical.  Until the orginal poster comes
through with more specific info about the purchase, I withhold judgment.  I
realize that a hoax is rather far-fetched, but why are we being so coy?  Most
people give plenty (almost TOO much) detail about their shopping trips. Why not
here?  Where exactly was the purchase in "lower-mainland BC"?  Pendicton?
Kelowna?  Trail?  (I'm in easy driving distance of these places, so I can
verify the find.  And, I will be passing through BC on my way to Calgary in a
couple weeks.) What was the name of the store?  What street was it on?  Is the
original poster the one who sent Joseph Gonzalez the scans?  If not, who is it?
I ain't a-cusing nobody of nothin' but this still seems a little fishy...

regards,

james parkin

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Joseph Gonzalez writes:
nope, that is NOT an edited scan
(at least I didn't edit it and i'm quite sure the guy that sent it to me did
not edit it)

..joseph g

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tore Eriksson writes:
Never seen nothing like it.
Is it a edited scan...?

Joseph Gonzalez wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Chris Lyman writes:
I was glancing thru a dollar-shop in lower-mainland British Columbia, • Canada,
a couple days ago when I saw some small LEGO sets for sale • --snipped--
They are actually "SHIFTY" brand, not LEGO, although the box design, • layout,
graphics, colors, etc. look almost exactly like LEGO, even the SHIFTY logo • was
similar to the LEGO logo. The only difference was the name and also a bunch • of
Chinese characters in small print on the side of the box. Aha.. "Made in
China"

i just got some scans of these from a very reliable source..SIMPLY • INCREDIBLE!!
look at these scans!
http://members.xoom.com/legohead/shifty.html
http://members.xoom.com/legohead/shifty2.html

maybe the next "official" theme we'll see out of denmark will be chinese
pirates (nyuk, nyuk)

..joseph g