 Model Team / 608
Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 02:04:24 GMT

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H06pvL.7BD@lugnet.com...
From experience I know that pieces breaks sometimes. Especially when • you're
building a large model like a crane. Gears will break because of the heavy
weights and the great forces. Technic beams will damage etc.
At the moment I'm almost finished with a new truck: a tri-axle tractor • with
a self unloader on its fifth wheel. It's my third conveyor belt trailer
since I'm building original vehicles. You can say that I already know how • to
build such a vehicles but less is true. This time I made a whole new
concept. As probably expected some pieces damaged during the test. One • time
a bush was turning into a hole of a technic brick. I was lucky to stop the
machine immediately. With my second self unloader I had the same problem,
but I traced it too late: many pieces where damaged and then a ½ bush was
pierced into a technic brick! I still have it as a reminder. I didn't knew
that was possible. Hopefully it will work this time. Tomorrow I will • finish
the model so I can show it and demontrate it during a local event (more • than
15.000 visitors!).

Have you any photos of the bushing that pierced the Technic brick?  I'm
having a hard time imagining what you mean.  I would also appreciate seeing
any other "breakages" you or anyone else has had!

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde