 Model Team / 438
Re: Two Volvo's FH16 heavy haulage vehicles, scale 1:13
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:50:14 GMT

Hi Jennifer,

Check out my website once again. I’ve changed the script a little so the
menubar will appear on top of your screen. The window is still fixed and I
will keep it like this. I think it’s layout is much better than the older
version of my site.

And if you’re visiting my website, please read the story about the yellow
FH16 on the heavy haulage section of my truck pages. I just upload it with
the English translation. It just takes a few minutes to translate the texts
into English so the other models (the NL12 and the DAF) will follow very
soon I hope.

http://www.fly.to/bosman

Than there are still two small images on which you can’t click: the Scania
R143H with the extendable trailer and loading crane and the MAN 6x6 tipper
truck, also with a loading crane. From both sites, I don’t have a Dutch
version either, so you’ll have to wait for it. This is what you can expect
for the upcoming months. I will also try to create a whole new site for my
Hitachi CX700GLS pile driver. All images are now placed on the website of a
company called ‘Vroom’. They thought it was a very good idea to build a
LEGO-model and they liked the idea so much they opened a special website
from all building steps to the final result. I typed the (Dutch) text and
they uploaded it temporary. As far as I now the latest update was in April.
Finaly I’ve sent some pictures of the last time I build it up in our
backyard. That was in July if I’m right. I will shorten the text, that’s for
sure. I don’t have time to translate every word, I just tell it in short,
that also concerns the Dutch section. For those who would like to know more
about the Hitachi, they could visit the site of Vroom. I think they will
keep the story and the pictures on their website.

http://www.vroom.nl/dennis.htm

I didn’t built the Hitachi on request. It was my idea to build it. Towards
the end of 2000 I had some serious plans to build a huge, real working pile
driver. My father saw this one on a construction site in village in our
neighbour. I immediately stept into the car and went there to take some
pictures and see and study the machine. Because I needed some information,
like drawings, I contacted Hitachi and Vroom. I sent Vroom an e-mail with my
website-URL. They saw it and immediately sent a reply. These guys had never
seen such LEGO-models, so they cooperated. If I needed something, they could
arrange it. Via them I got the big lettering on both sides of the
superstructure. I think this is the best machine I’ve built so far, better
than the Liebherr LG1550.

I still have this model. Last Thursday they wanted to show this machine
together with the trailer on their stand at a show. Unfortunately the
showcase was bigger than we expected, so we postponed it to November next
year. Until than I keep this model. I even will changed this model inside. I
think some gears are broken. But I only have to put off the plates on top of
the superstruction.

A few weeks ago I started to build a DAF 95XF 8x4 with a Nooteboom
ballasttrailer. The trailer already has it’s final shapes. I only need a few
hours to finish it. For the tractor I need more reference. I hope to finish
the complete model in December or January next year. Next year I will build
another truck, probably a Volvo NH12 8x4/4, but I’m not sure. In April next
year I will show all my models on the Modelshow Europe in Ochten, NL.

That was it for this time.

Dennis Bosman

In lugnet.modelteam, Jennifer Clark writes:

Just put the English translation of the blue Volvo FH16 on my website. See
and read in my the heavy haulage section of my truckspages.

Good stuff as ever Dennis, and congratulations on getting all that interest
from Nooteboom! I wouldn't like to try reversing the truck with the
interdolly attached though! How people manage that is beyond me, I recently
made a quick "true" drawbar style chassis to test this out and I just
couldn't get the hang of reversing with the two joints. Presumably it can be
done, but how? :-)

I like the new style of web page, but have to say I am not too keen on the
way it removes the buttons from the top of the web browser, which I always
use for navigation. This problem is exacerbated by the script you have
running that prevents right mouse button clicks, so there is no way to get
easy access to a "back" button. The way the window always moves back to the
top left of the screen is also slightly disconcerting, although this is
really a minor niggle :-)

Jennifer