 Model Team / 437
Re: Two Volvo's FH16 heavy haulage vehicles, scale 1:13
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:33:27 GMT

"Duq" <duq@iegateway.net> wrote in message news:Gn64F4.8Fx@lugnet.com...
Oops... I'm afraid I'm to blame for that one....

Aha! I suspected as much :-)

Dennis asked for a script that keeps the window at 800x600 'cause the • pages
look best at that size. It also moves the window to the top left corner to
make sure the whole window is visible. I guess I could make it move the
window to center screen, would that be less annoying?

To be honest I think the best place to move it to is the last place I left
it; I think the desktop analogy for the computer screen is a good one, and
if I suddenly found bits of paper I had put down on my desk a few minutes
previously moving about of their own accord I would be most disturbed!

What has been happening is this: I have a fairly large monitor, and so can
have several windows in view at one time. The pages on Dennis's site
sometimes take a long time to load, so I tend to drag the window over to one
side (the right usually) and do something in another window, while keeping a
casual eye on Dennis's page to see if it has loaded yet, when all of a
sudden the window moves to the top left, obscuring stuff I want to see.

I really don't think there is any danger of anyone having half of Dennis's
web site in view, unless they intend to do so, in which case you'll only
annoy them by moving it back ;-) His models are good enough that you don't
need such trickery to keep people's eyes on them.

Web police over and out,

Jennifer