 Model Team / 397
Re: MODEL TEAM NEWSLETTER 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 01:31:57 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman writes:
“MODEL TEAM NEWSLETTER 1”

OK than, I have new backgrounds, new scripts and three new models on my
website. It took some time before I had the scripts I needed (thanks Duq!!).
I can’t write them, so I have to borrow some. I also hope the window is
fixed to 800 x 600 pixels and that the pop-up windows will appear WITH the
images. It was also a big operation to divide the page into nine sections:
because of the high data transfer I had to open eight more accounts to store
all the images …. Well, enjoy my ‘renewed’ page. If you have some remarks,
please let me know. If, for some reason, some sections doesn’t work, I would
like to know that because than I will (try to) change it.
http://fly.to/bosman

Nice job! The new revision looks great. I guess you've solved the bandwidth
problem with Geocities by getting multiple accounts.

It sucks that they're shutting down sites because of excessive traffic. To
me, it doesn't make sense because they're preventing more people from
viewing their advertising banners they put on your site. You would think
that the more popular your site is, the happier they'd be.

<snip>
And TJ, when shall we open our own page? For messages the best way will be
Lugnet I guess. I hope more people will join our ‘Trucks, Cranes and Heavy
Equipment built of LEGO’-club. As far as I know, the regular Lugnet visitors
are Beat, Thomas, Evert, Duq, Jan-Tore, Steve, Jennifer and myself.

I agree that Lugnet is the best method for messages. It has the benefit of a
large, established audience.

I don't know if I'll ever have time for Lego again :-( I'm so busy with
life's other requirements that I haven't had time to build anything latetly.
After Christmas will be a good time for me. Things will calm down and I'll
have time to relax and work on Lego stuff!

TJ