 Model Team / *1087 (-20)
  Re: Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

(...) Here is a webpage with a bit of the history and developments to answer your question: (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

(...) Yes, the guns were synchronized in order to shoot between the blades. This was actually a leap forward in technology. Some earlier planes had their guns mounted on the top wing in order to not shoot of the propellor, but it was more difficult (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

(...) I believe they used a timing chain in order to shoot between the blades of the prop. It was mechanical, yet very clever, technology. I wondered the same thing myself years ago while playing a video game, then a friend explained it to me. :) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

[LEGOSet 3451] Forgive my ignorance of WW1 war machines, but how is the machine gun supposed to fire without damaging the propellor? :) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  JCB JS220 Excavator

I have finished the webpage for my JCB JS220 Excavator model and placed it online here :- (URL) The model is pneumatic/electric and is operated by a separate hand controller which also contains the pneumatic pump and pressure cutoff switch. Purists (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) You could use two belt wheels which you put together with the three friction pins. Then the problem is the steering outcome is too big. I still prefer my system while it doesn't require much space. It still is good enough because I don't drive (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Ok, here's a simple setup based on the 8466 steering :- (URL) And another with the other wheel attached :- (URL) The great thing about it is that it has a lot less unwanted movement with regard to hold the wheel in the steering arm since the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: LEGO/Honda movie

(...) They're MegaBloks. See past threads: (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  LEGO/Honda movie

I found this link about a short Honda/LEGO movie. Hmmm .... maybe it's a nice idea to build a scale 1:1 SUV :) (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

(...) Hello Thomas, the grey plate at the bottom corners of the rear window is a 1x2 plate. It is attached like that: (URL) And yes, the "windscreen" is framed by minifig screwdrivers. They were hard to add with LeoCAD and so they "cut" the plate at (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town, FTX)

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hny0Fy.FLL@lugnet.com... (...) Today's (...) approx. (...) 853's (...) is too (...) would be (...) Ackerman (...) excavator. (...) strong (...) has (...) a lot. (...) Then I (...) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

(...) How is the 1x1 plate at the bottom corners of the rear window attached? Are those minifig screwdrivers that frame the front wondow? -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Yes indead I have some experience here. The biggest problem is de cab is getting bigger and heaver every time. Today's trucks has large driver's cabs and the ones on my creations consist of approx. 1200 to 1500 pieces (versions with sleeper (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) In my opinion the strongest "traditional" steering setup uses these parts: (URL) I used them for my all terrain crane as below: (URL) I estimate the axle is bearing around 2kg, and still steers perfectly well. I ended up gluing the number 2 (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

(...) It is an amazing achievement! I have watched your previous cars and they are all very beatifull, but this one definately takes the 1st prize. I think you have captured the spirit of the real car very nicely. btw the DS is my all time favourite (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) <snip> (...) After fooling arround with two setups, I threw in the towel and made it a simple one: Each axis has its own pneumatic cylinder, there is *no* linkage between the two... the only synchronised positions are far left and far right (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

Hi Reinard Congratulations on your marriage and of course on your newest creation. As Dennis mentioned, the first truck MOC in green color - and it looks great. I wish I had that amount of green parts. Of all the european truck manufacturers I like (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Hi Reinard, Scania trucks seems to be very popular to build. Reinards model is also a very well succeeded attempt of the Swedish manufacturer. (3 URLs) Of course, just like all the others, I would like to know how the pneumatic steering works. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) I like the set up of the rear axles with 3 differentials. Plus your suspension is nice too! Looks like you have some small tires to simulate those "boots" found on real trucks. Yes, please do tell us how your pneumatically actuated steering (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Yikes! That's a beatiful model Reinard! I've been pondering to make a garbage truck myself someday, alas I plan far more then I build. Love the crane! Swedish trucks look a little bit different in that department (not the Scania department (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact