 MediaWatch / 811 (-20)
  Re: HP Lego on Local Fox News

I think that most of us went through a period of time in which we took up interest in other toys instead of LEGO®, this is known as 'The Dark Ages'. My old argument was that with video games and all, kids would never go back to The Brick. Then I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  HP Lego on Local Fox News

Monday night on our local Fox News station (Boston, MA), there was a little 3 minute bit on "The best toys this holiday season" or some such. The idea being that they were going to take a group of kids and turn them loose on roughly 20 pre-picked (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  In Touch

Last night's "In Touch", on BBC R4, contained a Lego item. This is how it was described: ==+== ETHNIC ENABLE Lego is used as a training technique in business. The idea, is that by building symbolic models, you can focus companies' attention on their (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  PC Magazine - November 5, 2002

PC Magazine - November 5, 2002 Front of magazine titled: 104 ways to make Windows Work Better Page 8, article titled Robots, Robots Everywhere, by Michael J. Miller extracted from article: "Robotics is about to become the latest craze in (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Almost a drug...

This weekend, MonLUG and ParLUGment participated in a Montreal Area train show and we had a little article on page 11 of Sunday's edition of Le Journal de Montreal about the show and our participation. The article, which is written in french, can be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  tornado metaphor

A news reporter on 13 ABC Toledo, used the metaphor of a child playing with LEGO blocks and then destroying what he has built to describe damage due to the severe weather that roared through northwest Ohio earlier today. -chris ps. i was playing (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  lugnet in Swedish Computer magazine "Mikrodatorn"

Today I read "Mikrodatorn" #13, a Swedish computer magazine coming every four weeks ((URL) and found a half page about lugnet! The author Jörgen Bergfors, technical editor at Mikrodatorn, is impressed by lugnet. I quote (my shortened translations, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Re: Caroline Rhea in Lego

(...) Found a pic: (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Hot Toys, Already Melting Away

This was reprinted in my local newspaper, the Raleigh NC (USA) 'News and Observer' today. Here's the original Washington Post article: (URL) Potter's Chamber of Secrets Lego set is already gone from some stores, one toy expert said after visiting a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Wall Street Journal - Jack O Lantern

Oct 30 WSJ - In an article on the commercial possibilities of Halloween on the first page of the second section there's a photo of a Lego Jack O Lantern under construction for Legoland. The caption cites "77,000" pieces used in its construction. I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO MOSAIC press

FYI, A friend just pointed me to Dwell Magazine website. Evidently they took notice of the LEGO Mosaic program: (URL) is mentioned in their Dec 2002 print issue as well. eric harshbarger (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Bionicle sighting in MDA

(...) I watched this for the first time this week and I thought I saw a Bionical, but I couldn't figure out which. You have put my mind at rest. Trav (-|-) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  A mention of Ascending and Descending

Not quite mainstream media, but www.weirdlinks.com has a link (a weird one, I guess) to Andrew Lipson's extraordinarily cool rendition of Escher's "Ascending and Descending." (URL) warned--some of the links from the site are disturbing, and a good (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO Mall Kiosks open for the Holiday Shopping Rush

(...) Hmm. This must be the "United States and Canada" that doesn't include any of Canada. Waldenbooks doesn't operate in Canada, and the list of Kiosks(1) on Lego's website has only US locations listed. Does anyone know if there will actually be (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.lego)

  LEGO Mall Kiosks open for the Holiday Shopping Rush

(BUSINESS WIRE) LEGO® Mall Kiosks Open for the Holiday Shopping Rush; LEGO Americas Teams With Waldenbooks to Launch Innovative Fourth Quarter Retail Strategy ENFIELD, Conn. Oct. 22, 2002--Expanding its national distribution, LEGO Systems, Inc. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bionicle sighting in MDA

In the ABC series MDA, Jamie Lawless (played by Angus Grant), has a Bionicle Kopaka ((URL) on his desk. Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Carlton United Breweries and LEGO in the workplace.

(...) x-posted to .mediawatch (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  PRODUCT REVIEW: Lego's new action figure disappointing

PRODUCT REVIEW: LEGO® new action figure disappointing to parents but fun for the kids. By MARTHA MENDOZA .c The Associated Press SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Its arms fall off, it has a banal computer game in the back and you have to watch television (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  The Onion

LEGO appears in this weeks Onion, in the STATshot (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in "News of the Weird"

Lego was the topic of a story reported in the 10/06/2002 version of Chuck Shepherd's News of the Weird column: (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact