 MediaWatch / 686 (-20)
  Re: Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?

(...) I saw this Lego collection in 1997 and looked like there was a lot more than 90,000 pieces. There is a big 12v and 9v train layout in the middle of the shed with shelfs along the walls with sets from every theme. (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?

(...) Hi Brad... I saw it too, what I meant in my post was that, (it always seems like all I do is watch TV ;)... I wasn't watching the TV, but were sitting at the computer... but I can see the TV from where I sit. Anyway as soon as I saw/heard it (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?

(...) That sounds a bit low for someone who has collected for many years? There's a least one Aussie bricklinker with more parts than that just in their bricklink shop. Kerry (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?

(...) Why do you doubt it? Too large? Too small? Just curious, as it didn't seem incredible (either way) to me. Kerry (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?

I saw the segment and I thought they said 90,000 piece collection. -Brad (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?

(...) I doubt the $90,000 pricetag on the collection a case for mediawatch itself. earlier post on Tom Lucieer getaway appearance. (URL) to getaway episode has gone ! It may rise the question again I missed it to ,is there a pic of his collection (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  From the 15 minutes of fame department...

I am supposed to be interviewed today for the local news. It's not LEGO(r) related, although I may slip a little something in, but rather it's because of our many exchange students. We have had GEO exchange students the last 2 summers and are (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego on Rove Live!

(...) Or your daughter is watching and quickly pops in a tape and tapes it for you (missed the start though). Wife didn't agree that we should do the same in our big room upstairs (I'm sneaking in a new set onto the shelves every now and again and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego on Rove Live!

(...) Yet another who missed it...and was told at work this morning. From what little info I could get from the person at work, I've deduced it would have been Tom Lucieer, whose collection is on display at the following address: 37 Jubilee Avenue, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego on Rove Live!

(...) You *know* it's an addiction when friends call you to tell you about stuff like this 8?) I also missed the start of the segment, but it looked quite a comprehensive collection. And yes, the proceeds go to St John Ambulance. ROSCO Added (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  lego films at the underground publishing conference

The film "You Only LEGO Twice" was shown at the 4th annual Underground Publishing Conference in Bowling Green, OH this past weekend. This ~12 minute parody of the James Bond film series was one of the highlights of the the many (>10) films shown (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO Explore and independent toy sellers

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:AF54FE8A-8833-1...ate.com... [ ... snippage ... ] (...) In my area (Raleigh, NC) it seems that the smaller toy stores have been the first to get some of the new LEGO sets, specifically the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego)

  LEGO Explore and independent toy sellers

I came across a 2-page piece in the June 2002 issue of "Specialty Toys & Gifts." It's by Carrie Casaceli, who's spokeswoman for the Americas panel of LLI (the LEGO Learning Institute). The article isn't online, so I'll quote some of it here. Much of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego)

  LEGO in Michael Madsen's Poetry

Ran across the following poem in Michael Madsen's poetry collection "Burning in Paradise": Christian After he dumped the Lego blocks on the bed and squashed the rubber Free Willy, everybody finally fell asleep watching The Great Mouse Detective. I (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  George Will mentions LEGO Death Camp Sets

In a Washington Post syndicated column that appeared in my local paper* today, George Will made a reference to the LEGO WWII Concentration Camp sets produced by Polish artist Zbigniew Libera. The tone of the article is basically centered on (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Sponsor Colwyn Bay Football Tournament

There was a brief article on the local news about a youth football tournament. There is a bit on the BBC site (URL) no photos of the children, which is a shame as they were all wearing football shirts sponsored by LEGO -- James Stacey ---...--- (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in July 2002 Maxim

Every month, Maxim has an article that explains "how to" do various things, such as stop bleeding, win bar bets, so on. Just got my issue in the mail and saw that on pages 48-49, the illustrations to the "How To Sail Like A Pirate" are in fact Lego. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO reference in the Atlanta Journal Vent section..

If you mean: (...) I agree that this is a bad trend in the Media. Yesterday's 'The Learning Curve' a BBC Radio 4 programme mentioned "Lego style modular degrees" as if it was an insult. The crux of the programme was whether separate units of study (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

Hey, I just got the issue today. I'm in Time! Well, not by name, but the site "devoted to Lego depictions of Lord of the Rings" is me, unless there is another site out there I don't know of. Here's the article: "Toys Kicks from Plastic Bricks How it (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO reference in the Atlanta Journal Vent section..

(...) Of course not-- you never would have written "Legos". :-) BTW to anyone looking for it you have to click on Friday. Maggie C. (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact