 MediaWatch / 681
680  |  682
Subject:
Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:46:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:

Yet another who missed it...and was told at work this morning.

From what little info I could get from the person at work, I've deduced it
would have been Tom Lucieer, whose collection is on display at the following
address:
37 Jubilee Avenue,
Angaston

Tom is a retired Australian National Railway worker, and has a collection of
railway artifacts as well.

Further, from the brochure of his [proudly proclaiming "as seen on getaway
channel 9"]

"
A visit to one of Australia's largest private LEGO collections is a priority
when in the Barossa Valley
The LEGO collection, worth about $90,000, includes almost all models
produced by LEGO, with some made as early as 1959.
The majority of Tom's LEGO has been purchased locally from the community
store in Nuriootpa.
"

On the brochure, it says hours are:

"
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
seven days a week, or by appointment
closed Christmas day and New years day

Ring (08) 8564 2714

A phonecall will ensure that the collection is open when you visit.
look for the sign at the house and ring the door bell.
"

Hope this helps anyone wanting to have a Captain Cook,

Benjamin Whytcross

I doubt the $90,000 pricetag on the collection
a case for mediawatch itself.

earlier post on  Tom Lucieer getaway appearance.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/au/?n=434
link to getaway episode has gone !

It may rise the question again
I missed it to ,is there a pic of his collection somewhere ?