 Local / Australia / 9127
Re: Largest Lego Collection in Australia ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:27:31 GMT

not using the Internet ,his choice of lego dealer would have been
limited,and bulk parts ,or supplementary kits even harder to find (Sydney
depot,second hand!),for at least until the 80s (was lego not so popular b4
this?)
If he had bought one box of every set from way back then up until say 1997 ,
would that come close to  $90,000 ?  why does it cost so much
if you take the total # of sets and divide by average price of set when
released you'll get a figure, perhaps X/C (If anyone knows the value of X or
C).Just guessing but I think it would be way below 90,000
sure he may have bought dozens of one type or another ,He may have spent his
entire retirement fund on lego (of course thats what it takes to keep a
large train setup maintained), Honestly I was born a Skeptic A member of an
ancient Greek school of skepticism ,who always valued the worth of scrolls
with pictures.

Why do you doubt it? Too large? Too small?

Just curious, as it didn't seem incredible (either way) to me.

Kerry