 MediaWatch / 669
Re: LEGO reference in the Atlanta Journal Vent section..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:04:28 GMT

If you mean:

January 4, 2002: The Day Spurrier Left UF. Thus was born a new holiday!

If Tech and Duke are such high-level academic institutions, why do all Duke
basketball players graduate with an independent study Sociology Degree and the
Tech players, well, why they don't graduate at all?

I read this week that Auburn is the all-time SEC leader in NCAA violations.
Anyone surprised? How else could they win anything?

Research reveals that Tech's National Top Five majors are: Whining, Resume
Preparation, Pre-Employment Screening, Pocket Protector Design and
Comprehending Lego.

I agree that this is a bad trend in the Media. Yesterday's 'The Learning
Curve' a BBC Radio 4 programme mentioned "Lego style modular degrees" as if
it was an insult. The crux of the programme was whether separate units of
study can make a 'proper degree' course. The use of Lego implying some noddy
toy qualification no doubt. Do Lego actually keep track of these? It reminds
me of "Micky Mouse" which means dodgy or low quality in some areas of the
UK. I have no idea why!