 MediaWatch / 576 (-20)
  Re: The Brick Testament on Don & Mike Show

Wow, that's too funny. I'm sure I would have been totally fooled. @8^) But they should have known better than to call me at the ungodly hour of 10:08am. I was sound asleep. Waking up around noon I checked my messages to hear "Hi, Brendan, this is (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: The Brick Testament on Don & Mike Show

(...) They were planning to spoof as a Christian talk-radio show. You're on alert, sir! best LFB (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  The Brick Testament on Don & Mike Show

I just heard Don and Mike talking on their radio show about Brendan Powell Smith's The Brick Testament. They were calling to have him on the show, but that didn't work out. The Brick Testament - (URL) Don and Mike Show - (URL) Roller (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Super Statium (Soccer)

Matt Hein wrote in message ... (...) Why? Because there are very few people who could afford a model like that :-) Just the 7000 minifigs and you're looking at $7000 retail... Of course anyone who wants a custom model made can get one just by (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.sports)

  Re: Lego Super Statium (Soccer)

In lugnet.mediawatch, Joel Jacobsen writes: [ snip ] Over 320,000 bricks? 1600+ hours of building by Four employees? That's one nice stadium! I'm just wondering why Lego doesn't make such large models to sell. I'm sure production costs and all of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.sports)

  Lego Super Statium (Soccer)

Just had a friend send me this link from Annanova: (URL) a small article with only 1 picture but it looks impressive: Lego workers build 320,000 block World Cup stadium Four Lego workers have spent 1,600 hours creating a football stadium to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.sports)

  Dandy 3150 Bionicle stickers & poster

April 6th issue #3150 (URL) set of stickers in 27 April issue (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Sluggy Freelance, yet again!

It's the Sluggy Freelance Lego version of "The Thing"! (URL) (only today; after today you'll need to hit the archives for 27 March.) ENJOY! best LFB (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Brick Testament to be featured in Church Times in London

Some photo's from The Brick Testament's stories 'The Crucifixion' and 'The Empty Tomb' will be featured in the upcoming Easter edition of the UK weekly Church Times. Not sure when it hits newsstands. There will probably be an accompanying (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Concentration Camp "set" in NYC gallery - Israeli newspaper report

In Maariv's "Weekend" ("Sofshavu'a") section, from Friday, the 22nd of March '02, there is a big section with articles about places to see in NYC, London, Paris and Rome over Passover vacation. I was browsing through and something caught my eye. It (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.il)

  LEGO and Mega Bloks Still in Court

Ah, the details that eluded me at the time of Toy Fair: 1. Mega Bloks, sued by Lego in Canada over the "look" of studs, expects some decision in 2002. 2. Lego is suing Mega Bloks in other countries but has already lost in France. 3. Mega Bloks is (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Star Wars Lego Ad in PC Gamer

There is a Star Wars Lego Ad in the April 2002 issue of PC Gamer Magazine It is good to see that the marketing department at Lego is finally starting to get it right !!! See it at: (URL) Stranger to Danger Dark Knight (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2002)

  More connections with Microsoft

Not really a media appearance, but yesterday I attended a seminar on Microsoft's .Net framework (the presenter got tongue-tied & called it "dot Not", much to the amusement of the audience, but I digress...), and one of the speakers likened the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Legoland CA mentioned on Tonight Show

This is a few days old, but last week, I was up late working on something (Thursday, March 7th, I think), and just happened to have the Tonight show on. Renee Russo was talking about movies, and how she was working with Robert DeNiro, and how (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Bricks spotted on Firestarter: Rekindled - Not 100% sure they were LEGO Elements

(...) I remember watching Time Bandits when I was younger, and in the 'fantasy trip' the kid went on, there was a scene with giant LEGO bricks in the background. As well, who could forget the scene in Honey I shrunk the Kids where the kids crashed (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bricks spotted on Firestarter: Rekindled - Not 100% sure they were LEGO Elements

To All, I happen to catch a bit of this show on Sci-Fi last night, the remake or continuation of the Stephen King novel. There was a group of special ability children that were housed by an EVIL Corporation, Ops Sys, or something, and they were (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lots of Lego on The Big Breakfast

They had some bust sculptures of the Queen, Shakespear, Churchill and some others as well as displaying mosiacs of the presenters. I think they actually had someone from Lego there as well, but I was getting ready for work and didn't see the whole (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego White House on Espn Sports Center

Did anybody else catch on SportsCenter this evening, 03/11/02, the White House that a gentleman named David...(something)... was building? They refered to it several times during the show. This episode of Sports Center was in D.C. The building (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Watchin E.T...

Watchin E.T., and when the kids are showing ET where they are on Earth, a Uiversal Building Set is seeable in the background. :) Rick (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  UCLA Lego class

Hi all, Here's an article from today's daily paper at UCLA about an engineering class that is using Legos to build Lunar lander robots: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact