 MediaWatch / 573
Re: Lego Super Statium (Soccer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.sports
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:55:04 GMT

Matt Hein wrote in message ...
I'm just wondering why Lego doesn't make such large models to sell.
I'm sure production costs and all of that would probably hurt them more
than anything, but It would be cool for Lego to have a "custom model"
designer, who you could pay, and then they design a large, highly detailed
model for you.

Why? Because there are very few people who could afford a model like that
:-) Just the 7000 minifigs and you're looking at $7000 retail...

Of course anyone who wants a custom model made can get one just by talking
to the several known custom model builders in the AFOL community like Eric
Harshbarger, myself, Dan Siskind, Dan Parker, and I'm sure there are others.

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002
Hospital 2396 piece kit - only one left!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
The Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): http://www.bricksmiths.com
Personal Lego Web page: