 MediaWatch / 451 (-20)
  Re: Lego on tv

"Matt Martin" <Matt-allica@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GprGv6.79s@lugnet.com... (...) looked (...) out -M Hey, cool! Cross-posted with followups set to lugnet.mediawatch. For future reference, there's a group for these things :-) -Tim (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Somebody got the Harry Potter sets!

(URL) (today's comic) shows that Pete must have gotten some Harry Potter sets! (true fans can spot why in a sec) Must be Peter G's note REALLY kicked in. That and the eBay Sluggy figs which Pete got a copy of somehow... Did we figure out where that (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Sluggy in Lego

(...) quoting: "I'd just like to thank Sluggite Clang for making the Lego Sluggy Characters for me, inspiring me to create this week. It was cool convincing my wife spending a hundred bucks on Legos to build the sets was a business expense! I hope (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Sluggy in Lego

(...) Woohoo! And it continues! It appears to be a vacation week, so we might see a whole week of Sluggy Lego! :) James (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Sluggy in Lego

Sluggy Freelance (URL) is in Lego today! (At least partly.) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !!

  Re: LEGO again in The Simpsons

(...) Then there was a joke for parents who are frustrated by cleaning up after their kids' "Legos": Something like this: Marge: Bart! That's not a real hotel, it's made out of Legos! Bart: AAGH! (being choked by Homer) Lisa: Mom! That's not how you (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO again in The Simpsons

(...) I'm just glad it was there :) ---...--- Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today Only $9.95 per month! (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO again in The Simpsons

(...) We lego fans spread the news fast :) But of course they used the term "Legos" instead of "lego bricks", but who's to complain but the most anal of us? *shush, I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not* Adrian (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO again in The Simpsons

Tonights new episode (still playing on the east coast) had a breif mention of LEGO as they family played a game of Monopoly. Bart made extra hotels out of them :) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

We are also in the Fremont Argus: (URL) Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

Also front page of East Bay section. Color picture of dragon train, and on second page, black and white of people digging in Dan's parts piles. Mark (...) (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.mediawatch)

  BayLUG in the San Jose Mercury News!

At yesterday's Bay Area Lego User's Group meeting in Fremont, CA we were interviewed by a reporter from the San Jose Mercury News. And in today's newspaper, there's a very nice article with the headline "Ready, set, Lego: Aficionados gather to share (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: SPIN magazine features The Brick Testament

(...) Big hair? Well, it's the Harry Potter minifig's hair, so if you think Harry Potter has big hair, then I guess Matthew does, too. I like to think of it more as a bowl cut, a la the early Beatles. As for why only Matthew of all the disciples was (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Mindstorms at Macworld San Francisco

From: (URL) Lego my robotics, please by Dennis Sellers, dsellers@maccentral.com January 4, 2001 1:55 pm ET For a long time, many Mac users have been frustrated by an apparent lack of support for working with Lego Mindstorm Robotics. However, there (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SPIN magazine features The Brick Testament

(...) I still wonder, what's the deal with one disciple having the big hair? It's Matthew right? He looks singularly goofy, which is an asset, but why that one? (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  SPIN magazine features The Brick Testament

Huzzah! I'm famous! The February issue of SPIN magazine (with KISS on the cover) has a full-page feature about The Brick Testament on page 41. It's the first page in their Exposure section. Kind of wish they'd given the right URL, but at least the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.ancient) !!

  Grounded for Life

In the current promos for the Fox sitcom 'Grounded for Life' a character (the son) is seen carrying a 3033 tub. I think it shows at 8:30 est on Wednesday. -chris (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO on 7 news

Hi all I just happened to have the channel 7 morning news on while browsing, and my attention was caught by the word LEGO! Apparently some mountain climber lost all his fingers from frostbite, and received a mechanical hand (no not LEGO!). They were (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego in Big with Tom Hanks

(...) It's very neat-I unfortunately also keep a similar log of media sightings-for the Sony PVM CubeDesign monitor. (And y'all though Lugnet MediaWatch was weird, eh? :) (URL)ps. what was the name of the lazar game they were playing in the (...) (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego in Big with Tom Hanks

(...) Thanks for the props Calum. I haven;t updated the page in quite a while. Maybe I'll get to doing that in the next few weeks. I watched Big as well last night (I have the flu so it's justifiable ;) It was a very cool diorama, especially, the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact