 MediaWatch / 1766 (-20)
  Best Plastic Product ever...

The marketing people for the Plastics Design and Moulding '05 Conference in Telford, UK have come up with a great way of getting some publicity. They have carried out some market research to find the best plastic product of all time. No prizes for (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Micro-scale? Nano-scale? Minifig-scale? How 'bout FineScale? Also, Make magazine.

(...) Hey, Was the rubik's cube machine (URL) this by Jonathan Brown>? His site was CLSOTW about two years ago. Bruce (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Micro-scale? Nano-scale? Minifig-scale? How 'bout FineScale? Also, Make magazine.

The May 2005 issue of (URL) FineScale Modeler> features a utilitarian use for Lego bricks. There is an article about using polyester resin for casting your own model parts (to replace broken parts or make duplicates of repeated elements). The parts (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) ...others may confuse the terms/concepts of "competition" and "conflict". These two cannot and should not be used interchangably. ;) (...) The problem is that sports marketing tends to represent "competition" as "conflict". (...) Isn't the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Game Show Network

Does anyone out there get GSN (formerly the Game Show Network)? I was out at Robogames last weekend, and they interviewed me, and did a small segment on me and my robots. I looked at their schedule, but didn't see any place it would fit (mostly old (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Abston Churh of Christ in the news

(...) That would be the February issue of Builders Exchange and the January 22 edition of The Christian Herald. I didn't have them handy at the time I typed this up. Amy (19 years ago, 2-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Abston Churh of Christ in the news

(...) In February a couple members of BayLTC did a lecture on LEGO Trains at a museum in Palo Alto, CA. I got an email from the executive director a few days later asking me if I had seen Amy Hughes' church before. Apparently a museum member had (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Abston Churh of Christ in the news

(...) Steve Hassenplug wrote: (...) Thanks. I've heard this from local AFOLs, too, and people have mentioned the church at train shows. "Have you seen the big LEGO church on the internet?" I'll probably leave a photo book out on MichianaLUG's photo (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Abston Churh of Christ in the news

On Fri, April 1, 2005 4:14 pm, Dave Schuler said: (...) I've lost count of how many non-LEGO friends have sent me the pictures. But, I never get tired of it. Nice work. Steve (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Abston Churh of Christ in the news

(...) Hi Amy! This isn't exactly on-topic, but I thought you might like to know that two of my non-AFOL friends independently emailed me a link to your site, which one of the friends described as "an un-[blanking]-believable LEGO church." Nice to (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Abston Churh of Christ in the news

I have a policy of ignoring media requests, but I've softened lately and granted permission for publication by three special-interest publications. One is an Ohio building trade magazine and another is a UK Christian newspaper, both of which have (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Media Advisory - FIRST Robotics Competition - Greater Toronto Regional Event

From Canada Newswire: Media Advisory - FIRST Robotics Competition - Greater Toronto Regional Event The Competition for 'First' is on... First Robotics is North America's Largest High School Robotics Competition TORONTO, March 31 /CNW/ - About three (...) (19 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO® looses a court decision in Germany

A sad day for LEGO® in Germany SUMMERLAND, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 28, 2005-- Best-Lock Construction Toys announces a decision of the German Patent and Trademark Office canceling a 2x4 stud block design trademark registration in the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego: meet an obsessed genius. And his wife.

(...) Good stuff Paul. I like how you're quoted in your dislike of the term LEGOs and then they quote your wife saying "LEGOs"...LOL! jt (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego: meet an obsessed genius. And his wife.

Subject heading was on the front page of Columbus' The Other Paper, on page 7, a profile about me and my hobby (obsession?). In press yesterday, on line since this morning: (URL) best thing is they didn't use a 110 bold font caption "LEGOS", like (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Star Wars and Moby commisioned illustrations from back in 2002

Don't know why it's taken me so long to post these, but anyhow back in 2002 I was commisioned to do a couple of LEGO illustrations, one for SPIN magazine, one for Mojo magazine. Here they are for the first time online: (URL) This one was to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !

  Lego Jewelry

Caught this via a blog site...(real) jewelry made from (real) Lego. (URL) on Forever Young then use the arrows to navigate between images) -Rob A> (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New Death Star makes Gizmodo

Hi all, <www.gizmodo.com Gizmodo> is a blog on technology and related topics. They just posted an (URL) on the new Death Star from Lego. Interesting to see it already in the mainstream - maybe it too will sell well like the ISD! Roy (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Lego makes an appearance in FineScale Modeler magazine

I was just perusing my April 2005 issue of FineScale Modeler, and found Lego making a cameo appearance. In the "Coming in the May issue" section on p. 73, there's a teaser for an article on resin casting, and a picture of someone pouring mold (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGO vs. MegaBloks

From CBC Radio November 25, 2004 (URL) Megabloks For some, building walls is child's play. You may remember spending hours stacking Lego blocks or Megabloks to make your own perfect worlds--full of spaceships and castles. Lego doesn't make a (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact