 MediaWatch / 1756
1755  |  1757
Subject:
Abston Churh of Christ in the news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:11:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have a policy of ignoring media requests, but I've softened lately and granted
permission for publication by three special-interest publications. One is an
Ohio building trade magazine and another is a UK Christian newspaper, both of
which have already published, and the third is a Tennessee Christian newspaper,
which is still waiting for me to answer their interview questions.

I hadn't planned to mention them, certainly not until I have time to write
something up, but today the author of this column...

http://www.oncomp.com/

...told me he was going to mention the Abston Church in his next column. Since
he isn't going to publish any pictures he didn't seek permission. I just found
out today he'd mention the church.

Anyway, his column is carried on the Universal Press Syndicate website
(uexpress.com), on the On Computers website (oncomp.com), and in the following
newspapers. They publish according to their own schedule, so I don't know when
they'll carry the article, but I'm told most will publish it in the next week or
two.

Birmingham, Alabama "News"
Little Rock, Arkansas "Democrat Gazette"
New Britain, Connecticut "Herald"
Novato, California "Independent Journal"
Jacksonville Beach, Florida "Beaches Leader"
Orlando, Florida "Citizen Gazette"
Vero Beach, Florida "Press Journal"
Kaneohe, Hawaii "Midweek"
Geneva, Illinois "Kane County Chronicle"
Shreveport, Louisiana, "The Times"
Worcester, Massachusetts "Telegram Gazette"
Kansas City, Missouri "Star"
Toledo, OH "Free Press"
Carlisle, Pennsylvania "Evening Sentinel"
Sacramento,California "Bee" (online version)
Fort Myers, Florida "News Press" (online version)
Toronto, Ontario "Computer Dealer News"
Bangkok Post Publishing Co., Lt. "Post"

BTW, the UK Christian paper obtained permission after they published. Someone
told me they saw it there, so I contacted the paper and learned that the email
that's going around with four pictures from my site is being mistaken for press
copy by me :-)  Anyway, I granted retro-active permission to use a picture from
my site in exchange for a copy of the paper, which I've received. I'll write up
more info when I have time. The building trade magazine printed some nice color
photos.

My policy of ignoring mainstream media still holds, and had the On Computers
column needed my assistance they would likely still be waiting. Or maybe they
did ask and I never responded? :-)

Amy