 MediaWatch / 1216 (-20)
  Re: "Why I love ...the Lego Store" (The Guardian (UK) Oct 27 2003)

(...) Kind of like this line: "The entire space is given over to the Danish modular fetish." Forget AFOL; I'm a DMF! (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  "Why I love ...the Lego Store" (The Guardian (UK) Oct 27 2003)

Almost missed this, the minifig pic caught my eye as I flicked through the pages ... (URL) May, Guardian (UK) Oct 27 2003 ".... And what riches! Regular bricks in peach and taupe and aquamarine. Fantastical flowers. Trendy see-through bricks. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGOLAND to kick-off Sweeps month on "Yes Dear"

This is tonight -- it may be too late for the East coast people, but the rest of the country still has a chance. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGOLAND to kick-off Sweeps month on "Yes Dear"

LEGOLAND to kick-off Sweeps month on "Yes Dear" - LEGOLAND California will be featured in an upcoming episode of the CBS comedy, "YES DEAR". On Monday, Nov. 3, the 128-acre family theme park will be the location of hilarious antics of the cast of (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.california) !

  Re: Escher's Relativity on FARK

(...) sculptures. Love the work by that Kambodia person! (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Escher's Relativity on FARK

I visit Fark quite often and I was surprised and happy to see this today: (URL) is a Photoshop contest of Escher's relativity from A. Lipson, a popular and well-knowned work here on Lugnet. Enjoy! (URL) FARK might not be appropriate for all ages. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Newspaper: Lego is firering 257 people

Hi! I found this in the paper today: (URL) made me look for this: (URL) stock is to large... I wonder if the "crisis" is still present in the world, as for now people are taking about a rise within the next 6 months... maybe that will help sales? (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego on CNN!

While having lunch, the word Lego caught my eye.... On CNN, the newscaptions running in the bottom said something the alike of: Lego Lamb. Lifesize Nativity scene build by Dan Parker to be displayed in St. Louis. I am not sure about the exact text, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Bob Parker on CBS Radio

(...) I'd bet that this is that Shrine Contest deal. Check out (URL) this post> for complete information. I think (URL) COLTC> is going to be setting up a layout there soon as well. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  WaPo article on search for another LegoLand Master Builder

Yesterday's Washington Post had this really brief coverage of Lego Master Builder search Hot Job: Be a Lego Master Builder Sunday, October 26, 2003; Page M02 California's Legoland is part amusement park, part testimony to what you can do with (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bob Parker on CBS Radio

CBS Radio this morning mentioned that Bob Parker is getting ready to install a Lego nativity scene in the St. Louis area. There was no mention of the exact location, or when it will be installed. Anyone know anything more? Bob? I know you are out (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Old news from TechTV.

Found no mention of this here in .mediawatch, sorry of they are old old news :) (URL) List: Weird World of Lego Legoland takes on a creepy connotation in tonight's Twisted List. By Martin Sargent I used to play with Legos when I was a kid. Sometimes (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Stuff magazine item on Brick Testament book

On page 34 of the current issue (Nov 2003) of Stuff magazine, (URL) Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis> is featured in their Stuff Picks section. There's a scan of the item (URL) here> on the Brick Testament (URL) Press page>, and you (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, FTX) !

  Re: Honda Element Commercial Link

(...) They are. I just saw the commercial again, and they changed it a little bit from the original (as shown in the above link). Now at the beginning, they've added in not-so-fine-print "Mega Blocks shown", and "mega blocks are a trademark of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Frankenstein-like walking monster on LEGO.com

Hi everybody, A few months ago, members of rtlToronto, including myself, were approached by LEGO Direct to come up with a “scary monster” for Halloween using only parts from the new Inventor sets: 4093 Wild Wind Ups (URL), and 4094 Motor Movers (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.build, lugnet.mediawatch) !

  This Old House Magazine

On page 20 of the November 2003 issue of This Old House Magazine, LEGO is used as an analogy to described a new concrete form for building exterior walls on houses. -Chris (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Dan Parker in King County Journal Article

I saw this article about Dan Parker and his Nativity scene in the King County Journal online: (URL) haven't seen any of Dan's sculptures. Any chance for photos for us East-coast fans? -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BrickFilms and Chris Salt in Nov. 03' WIRED!

(...) Yeah, go Chris! I've put this link in the UK AFOLs in the media section in loc.uk (but I refused to write that word - I called the article Lego, Camera Action :-) ) Psi (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  BrickFilms and Chris Salt in Nov. 03' WIRED!

Cool! A one page blurb with lots of stills from one of Chris Salt's films. Way to go! (URL) Rainwater "Cogito Ergo Lego" (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament in San Jose Mercury News this Saturday

(...) --UPDATE!-- The San Jo Merc News alerted me today that this article has been postponed. I also just noticed that I gave a conflicting date above. The article had been scheduled for Saturday (tomorrow), but is now being delayed. I'll post here (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact