 MediaWatch / 1205
1204  |  1206
Subject:
Old news from TechTV.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:02:23 GMT

Found no mention of this here in .mediawatch, sorry of they are old old news :)

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/twistedlist/story/0,24330,3393665,00.html

"Twisted List: Weird World of Lego

Legoland takes on a creepy connotation in tonight's Twisted List.
By Martin Sargent

I used to play with Legos when I was a kid. Sometimes I'd build little
speakeasies or barber shops running illicit businesses out of the back room. But
I gave all that up at around age 14, when I entered a pretty serious My Little
Pony phase. Many people on the Internet, however, have taken the Lego habit into
adulthood. Here are five of the most insane Lego sites on the Internet.

   5. Lego Death
      A museum of horrors dedicated to torture instruments, workplace tragedies,
and other painful circumstances -- all built out of Lego.

   4. The Brick Testament
      Not all Lego sites are instruments of evil. The Reverend Smith uses Legos
to illustrate 38 long sequences from several books of the Bible, including
Genesis, Exodus, the Gospels, Acts, and the Epistles of Paul.

   3. The Lego Chef
      If you're a fan of cult cooking show "The Iron Chef," take a look at the
iFilm feature in which an episode is constructed almost entirely out of Legos.
Film by Steve Lervolino.

   2. You as Lego
      If you've ever wanted to picture yourself in plastic, go to
ReasonablyClever.com, where you can construct a Lego character with all of your
facial and bodily features.

   1. Monty Python
      If you're not completely sick of the movie and of people quoting it in
annoying voices, here's a complete scene-by-scene re-enactment of the Knights of
the Round Table song from "Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail," in Lego."

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe