 Marketplace / Theory / 989
Re: Lego funny money
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 21:49:32 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.theory, Frank Filz writes:
Todd, perhaps we need a lugnet.market.free-money newsgroup where people
can post solicitations for x.com (or whatever) refferals, things like
alladvantage.com, etc. I don't see any problem with people advertising
these things, so long as it is done in an appropriate group (of course
people who refer to x.com as a way to pay for their auction or sale
should be allowed to do so in their auction post, but if we have this
new group, I would expect John Neal's offer, and all the competing
offers, to go into the new group).

Sort of like a third-party services group?  (lugnet.market.services?

In your mind (or anyone following along), which of the following would such
a group cover?

- factoring?
- insurance?
- escrow?
- banking?
- (other?)

Hmm, in some ways I could even see that as a separate group, but I guess
if we had a lugnet.market.services, then all of the above would be
appropriate, and those making offers for using them as their refferal
would make such offers here (if that is the primary purpose of the
offer, which I think is the case for John and Larry's offers, but not
for an auction which happens to also mention the service).

Sounds like a good idea to me.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com