 Marketplace / Theory / 986
Re: Lego funny money
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:36:38 GMT

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:37:26 GMT, "James Brown"
<galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

Yup.  I only brought it up because Alladvantage is very hard-line on keeping
it's subscribers from spamming.

I think that's because as probably the best-known "paid to surf"
program, they catch all the flack from losers spamming hundreds of
groups at a time with info about it.

I've seen AA go from something I doubted would survive to what seems
to be a well-run, well-planned organization.  I'm looking forward to
the $100 worth of checks Rachael and I will receive from them this
month, with more to come next month.

On my 21" monitor at work I barely notice the bar except when I want
to, which I find myself wanting to now that it has an integrated
search box.  That search box, btw, is something that makes me think AA
will do well.  Each of those search engines runs affiliate programs
that pay per search.  5,000,000 people with that search box sitting in
front of them, even at 2-3 cents per search, can add up pretty
quickly.  :)

Guess this is moving off-topic...

I think a free-money group might be in order maybe just to keep that
sort of "go with me" "no go with me" stuff out of the regular market
groups.  I know I didn't feel like competing in the bidding war for
X.com referrals, which is why I never offered that, just appreciated
the ones I got when I mentioned it here a while ago.

As for paid to surf programs in general, I'm skeptical about most of
them, including anything that isn't currently paying, which is a lot
of them.  I think most of them are probably arriving at the game too
late...

--
The parts you want and nothing else?