 Marketplace / Theory / 73
Re: A Question - honest answers welcome
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:11:11 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Well, I thought I was on a roll, pretty much nailing the opening bids
at a price that either got a single bid and sold for that or created a
little interested and sold for more.  But I've got 5 lots out of the
22 that I posted yesterday sitting there without bids.

The 315 Gray 1x1 bricks I can see sitting there.  Heck, I don't know
what *I* would do with them, so why should anyone else?

You might try smaller quantities. The other thing to do, offer any
quantity of Grey 1x1 bricks for 3 cents each with any other successefull
auction. I'm not sure how auction places would feel about offers like
that though. The real problem is that the postage for small quantities
of 1x1s isn't worth it, and no one needs hundreds. (grey at least I can
see some use for larger quantities of since they can be used for castle
battlements).

Kinda wondering about the 1x16 bricks, though.  I know they're pricey,
and for that I'm not apologizing, because as I said before, I'd almost
rather keep them than let them go for less than that.  In fact, I'm
sorely tempted to just delete the 8 Gray 1x16's right now before they
get any bids (side note - nobody should have a problem with that,
right?).

But primarily for the black 1x16's - is it _just_ that I'm asking a
buck fifty for them that makes them undesirable or is it the lot size?
I wouldn't be overly opposed to cutting those lot sizes, but the whole
point now is to make things as easy as possible so I can squeeze
handling the auction into an hour or two each night, so I don't want
to go too far.

Maybe everyone who really has a use for 1x16's has as many as they
need?

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.  We aimz to please, after all.

Perhaps lots of 4 or 5 would be better. You might also try a lower
starting price. Looking at the prices of the long 1xX bricks on
Auczilla, it seems like the 1x16s may have gone a little higher due to
auction frenzy.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com